• Comments
  • Views

A Mighty Fortress

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Schulmanator

cjmastheadtr1.jpg

Schulmanicus: A Mighty Fortress

The heartland of Schulmania, the Archduchy of Schulmanicus, is home to the nation's first ancient towns and its national capital. But, with military operations striking deep into the interior, this undefended island needs more protection. The Royal Schulmania Navy 1st Fleet is stationed at Smightower and the Schulmania National Army's I Corps is based on the island as well. This won't help if there's an air raid or a large mechanized landing force. Something needs to be done. The military leaders and their support staffs are crowding out businesses and residents in Wirt. Leave it to the Supreme Wirdle to find a solution. The second highest point on the island, home of her bombed out retreat, will become the centerpiece of the Schulminion military. Thumbing our collective nose at Queensferry, we will build the greatest fortress in the land. This will serve as the military command center and defensive bastion for the birthplace of the nation. Welcome to Fort Wirt.

The massive stone structure will be the largest on Schulmanicus and its high position atop Wirdle's Nest Ridge gives it a commanding presence over the island and the eastern Tenne Sea. Let's see what the military has built on this strategic spot near the capital.

FtWirt08.jpg

The construction area is adjacent to some of the oldest settlement sites in Schulmania. This national heritage site remains undisturbed by the new construction.

FtWirt03.jpg

As we leave the heritage area, we encounter the ramp leading us safely to Fort Wirt. Be careful, it is very close to the cliffs and a long way down!

FtWirt01.jpg

Some breathtaking views from the fort's approach...

Now, on to Schulmania's equivalent to the Pentagon in Washington DC. Fort Wirt is the centerpiece of the town of the same name. The town consists of military and civilian housing, commercial structures and other amenities.

FtWirt02.jpg

Massive Fort Wirt, sentinel of Schulmanicus

FtWirt04.jpg

This iconic structure defines the eastern Schulmanican landscape and is easily the largest building on the island.

FtWirt05.jpg

Intruders need to think twice before attempting to take this massive fortress on.

FtWirt06.jpg

Stout stone walls provide ample defense for the coast.

FtWirt07.jpg

The approach to the capital is secure now.

Now that we see the Sentinel of Schulmanicus, let's see the town which provides its support. Fort Wirt is connected to the capital via East Drive, which runs right past the Government Building all the way to Wirtyplace. The main road, running parallel to the fort, is Fort Wirt Road.

FtWirt09.jpg

The barracks on Fort Wirt Road are at left. East Drive intersects at top center of the photo.

FtWirt10.jpg

The commercial district includes a variety of stores, the commissary and the chapel.

FtWirt11.jpg

Wirdle's Nest Lane offers pleasant strolling as well a variety of retail.

FtWirt12.jpg

Plenty of retail options include the Military Commissary, located in the brown building on the corner of Fort Wirt and Wirdle's Nest.

FtWirt13.jpg

Nestled at the base of the castle, the town provides a scenic destination for visitors.

FtWirt14.jpg

Fort Wirt looms large, offering a sense of security to the inhabitants of Schulmanicus.

FtWirt15.jpg

Rumor has it the newly-invented cannon may be brought to Fort Wirt to bolster defenses.

FtWirt16.jpg

Bring it on, Queensferry!

.jpg

3rXU8c4Lsn1.png

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

8 Comments

WOW O.O thats a big fort!! I'm not sure if even the bugs can beat that thing!! And by the way, love the town, it seems very quaint.

Share this comment

i love the fortresses !!

i downloaded it 2, but never put it to use :(
to bad tough its a master piece!

but what you did with it...is amazing!!

and i think would love a sale in shoes...they are still FERRy'S WOODEN SHOES spokespersons 

lol see ya soon!

Share this comment

REPLIES

NOTE: All replies above this are now added to post count totals for rank and awards.

The Duke   Thanks. And I certainly hope this fort can stand up to the evil buggs. The Supreme Wirdle is counting on Fort Wirt to be the linchpin on Schulmania’s defenses in the interior.

Tigeria   I hope it is as impressive in combat… and scares away the evil buggs.

ImVhOzzi   Tak! I think this is a big step forward in our defenses for the home islands.

Hester   Both elegant and formidable…a great combination!      

Fledder200   Thanks! It’s a very impressive building. I have had it for a while and tried to find a good setting for it. I settled on this high point and I think it turned out well. I may use it again somewhere else as well later.

Share this comment

REPLIES

NOTE: All replies above this are now added to post count totals for rank and awards.

Leech10   This should certainly be a deterrent.

Share this comment