• Views

Chapter 18 : Desdau Plains Country Club

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tigeria

desdauplainsbanner.jpg

Chapter 18 : Desdau Plains Country Club

Personal Message :

Here as promised in the previous teaser, the Desdau Plains Country Club. I'm not a golfer actually, thus if there's any mistakes or things that i built that doesn't make sense, do forgive me :D

And i will be updating less from November onwards due to some RL commitments. But do not forget this CJ for updates will still come.

==================================================================================================================

Replies to Comments (on the Teaser entry, airport part 3 entry comments were replied in that respective entry):

Daan300 : Thanks alot! :D

Skimbo : Hahaha! you're a golfer? that's great! I'm glad you liked it! :D

TekindusT : Haha does it? I've never played that game before, i just merely built this on imagination and help of Google Map Satellite View

k50dude : Thanks alot! :D i've included the links in the teaser entry btw

lojicks : Basketball courts? hmm i didn't knew they had those but basketball courts appear most in my residential areas and schools :D

DCMetro34 : Hey i've left the links in the teaser entry

Guibanez_ : Thanks alot ! :D

Velbob : Thank you very much :D

jj88 : Thanks alot! I'm glad you liked them!

==================================================================================================================

Introduction

Desdau Plains Country Club was built on 19 February 1950. It was an effort by the Government to allow the well-off citizens to have a place to enjoy a game of golf. Desdau was chosen due to fact that it had the land for this development. However the country club sits by the east of the Selbring Airport.

pic201tl.jpg

Pic 1 : This was the teaser picture and the overview of the country club

Desdau Plains Country Club's golf course has 25 competition holes, some practice turfs and a driving range. Other facilities include a swimming pool, tennis court and gym.

Sitting on the Desdau Hill, the country club offers a great view of most of Desdau Central district and the eastern runway of the Selbring Airport.

pic204.jpg

Pic 2 : Going up the hill, you will approach the main carpark of the country club. Parking is free here. There is a bus stop too for those who take the country club bus shuttle service.

pic205w.jpg

Pic 3 : The main clubhouse sits on the tip of Desdau Hill. It has 4 restaurants, some boutiques, a bar, a karaoke lounge, a snooker and billiard lounge, a gym and clubrooms for rental for special events

pic206.jpg

Pic 4 : Not a golfer? Don't worry as you can enjoy swimming or playing tennis at the other recreational facilities the club has to offer.

pic207q.jpg

Pic 5 : The lookout tower behind the clubhouse offers a full scenery of the golf course and its vicinity

pic208w.jpg

Pic 6 : This mini range allows golfers to practice and test their clubs. Coaches also hold trainings for rookies here

pic209.jpg

Pic 7 : The driving range is an alternative for those who aren't confident on the competition holes. Who knows you might meet some rich businessman here.

COMPETITION HOLES

pic214.jpg

Pic 8 : The overview of the competition holes. There are a total of 25 competition holes.

pic210.jpg

Pic 9 : Holes 1-6 are on the highest point of the course. Many golfers love this place as the challenges faced are the changing wind conditions

pic211.jpg

Pic 10 : Holes 7 - 12 are on the lower west of the golf course

pic212.jpg

Pic 11 : Holes 13 - 17

pic213.jpg

Pic 12 : Holes 18 - 25

GETTING HERE!

pic215.jpg

Pic 13 : The nearest expressway is the E12 Selbring East Expressway. Take Exit 11 and turn left to the Desdau Central Rd.

pic216z.jpg

Pic 14 : Going down the Desdau Central Rd, a landmark to see if you are on the right track is the Desdau Police Division (upper right of the pic). Proceed on the stretch of road.

pic217.jpg

Pic 15 : The next notable landmark is the row of petrol stations on the right. Keep left as the right lane has high volume of right turning vehicles.

pic218.jpg

Pic 16 : Now at the junction, make a right turn into Desingda Avenue. Notable landmark is the big field.

pic219.jpg

Pic 17 : The Desingda Flyover is your landmark to see if you're on the correct route.

pic220.jpg

Pic 18 : Keep left until you see a T-junction. Turn left and you will enter the Desdau Plains Country Club entrance.

pic221.jpg

Pic 19 : For those who came by rail, subway or bus, you will alight at the Panteling Interchange Station. The country club's free shuttle service can be found here.

THUS FOLKS! Do not wait! Join the Desdau Plains Country Club Membership for as low as TG105 a month (USD 70)!

Visit us at www.desdauplainsclub.com.tg (fictional) for more details.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

16 Comments

hahaha you're fast. simtropolis is kinda slow for now. I'll need more time before the entire thing is done.

Share this comment

Monay : Lol this is more of the outskirt of the main city central, moreover it's near the airport. for realism, i can't have skyscrapers near the airport, thus a golf course will be good. it's another map off the main city too. :D

Share this comment

WWWWOOOOOWWWW!!!!!!!! I've always wanted to know! Where you get the parking lots and by who were they made by?
Always taunted me this questiion! It'd be much appreciated if you could answer this for me!

AND you Golf course looks stunning. If only I could have such creativity like that you have!

Share this comment

To Huston

Hey huston! Here's the link of the person who made the carparks. They are modular.

http://www.simtropolis.com/stex/index.cfm?p=files&keyword=hooha47&view=all

by the way, don't download the Set A-D kinds. They aren't modular. Dependencies have to be downloaded as well.

Share this comment

nimafarid2007 : hahaha it isn't :D because we drive on the left in my country. haha. a pity the Rural Highway doesn't really support left hand driving, or maybe i don't know how to use it.

Share this comment