• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Subway ride!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
k50

ncup19header.jpg

It's time to ride the New Chandler Metro for the first time in NC 2.0! Today we will ride the 8 line the entire "short" length. The 8 line goes from the Central Core up through Winchester. Every other line continues on about 8 more stations to Andersen.

ncup19map.jpg

Here is a sign from the platform from our train. This particular line is the only one to have its own platform on the metro. Looks like we will have three minutes to sip on some coffee. This is a sign that hangs above the platform.

ncup19pic10.jpg

And we are off!

ncup19pic1.jpg

The first station is Canal Avenue. This station intersects with the A line, a line that pretty much marks the boundary of the Central Core. On two sides, this one included, the line borders Raintree Canal.

ncup19pic2.jpg

And now, THIS IS WHERE YOU SHOULD VOTE! What do you see looking good at this station? These crossroads are very popular and desirable, so think hard about it. The station will be named accordingly.

ncup19pic3.jpg

This station is home of a popular parking garage. Schaffer Avenue goes from the Miracle Mile in La Brea clear out to Downtown Compton, a very good distance.

ncup19pic4.jpg

The main bus station for Winchester isn't far from this station. This is the last station before we go underground into Downtown Winchester.

ncup19pic5.jpg

South Winchester Station is a heavy rail and metro station, however, it is currently being bypassed and renovated. This is a proposal for a new station that will be built there (notice the wavy lights)

ncup19pic6.jpg

This park and ride station has most parking spots per train on the metro system. Four lines and thousands of spots in the garage make this an attractive parking spot.

ncup19pic7.jpg

Just for fun, one of the signs in the lobby of the station.

ncup19pic12.jpg

Now we see daylight again in a familiar sight, the University of Winchester. This station is on the east side of the quad.

ncup19pic8.jpg

Well, our ride has ended for today. Holkom Park is another large parking garage station near Holkom Park, a beautiful park.

ncup19pic9.jpg

And while we look back when we enter the green oasis shadowed by a few tall residential buildings nearby, we see another sign. 

ncup19pic11.jpg

Thanks for riding! Remember if you want to see the journey we went on again there is a map at the beginning of this entry.

davidkopravitko and bobolee like this
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

4 Comments

Awesome work with those stations and informations boards :D beautiful!

My name for the station will be " Battery Park Interchange Station "

Share this comment

You know I love this kind of updates... The signs are great, great job with the font simulating the LED panels! As usual, the variety of stations is perfect and the Japanese BATs look fantastic...

As for the vote, I see some massive bixel's HKABT projects here, giving the station the name of Sky City. May I suggest you this BAT?

Share this comment

Didn't I reply to you both last time too? 

@ tigeria: Thanks for the ideas, although Battery Park sounds like somewhere I went to in New York City... 

@ tekindusT: I knew you would love it  I doubt that is going to fit but I do like the idea! Thanks

Share this comment