Followers 0
  • Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Araguy

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TheOneFreeMan

A relatively small city of 100,000, Araguy is a scenic city situated on the isthmus connecting the smaller Northern portion of Venika Island to the larger southern mainland. 

Araguy-Feb24641287628227.png

The city has a sprawling commercial district on the Northern shore of the isthmus along with large, high wealth, high rises on the southern shore. The cities two busiest avenues, Araguy Avenue and University Avenue intersect at what is considered the heart of the city:

Araguy-Oct1631287628085.png

Seen below is the southern shore high rises:

Araguy-Nov25631287628127.png

The city also has a major highway running through it, that connects it with the other large cities in the region:

Araguy-Feb20641287628204.png

And one small municipal airport to further connect it with the rest of the world:

?Araguy-Nov22631287628116.png

But, to the east of all wealthy southern shore and booming northern shore, there is a dirty industrial district where the middle and lower class citizens work.  It puts a permanently ugly mark on what is otherwise a beautiful city.

Araguy-Dec2631287628147.png

Sorry, for my first real post being so late, I've been very busy lately with theatre and haven't had the time to make a post. Hope you enjoyed it!

What's Next?

Expect to see posts soon on Antinika's geography, the small but extremely wealthy town of Estre, the concentrated metropolis of Fentai, and the largest city of the region so far... Eshtawn!  All coming soon!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

4 Comments

I like the idea very much, because I think lots of beginners will get tips and help here. I'd like to see a region view of the whole island.
And maybe you should try to build a more realistic structure with lots of different quarters of the city and large suburban areas (if it fits the stylistic and architectural tradition you have intendet for your project). This way, a city of 100,000 inhabitants will consume a lot more space than yours, maybe several medium city tiles, but for me it is always worth it concerning realism and the look of the region. And it helps structuring and separating, but also connecting the outer areas and the CBD, industry etc. with transportation networks like highways and rail. This way you can also force your sims to use them even in relatively small cities, where they would be rather ignored otherwise.
Keep it up! I like it.

Share this comment

I don't think you need a ton of coustom content to make an interesting city.  CSG's boston V2 is the prime example of this.  It's all about how you design the city.  you do a nice job, keep it up!

Share this comment