Followers 0
  • Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

From companion to castaway

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wallacet

Cain had been devastated... He had gone from the very top to rock bottom in a matter of months.  "Why me?" he asked. "What did I do to deserve this?" "Why has Abel been so blessed, and I so shunned?" These were the questions that plagued his mind every night as he slept. He felt that the entire world had turned its back on him. As he walked the streets of Thaines everyday, he looked at the tall buildings, the green trees, the smiling, successful businessmen, at everything Abel had worked so hard to build. Why had his luck turned so badly? Cain was in need of a friend. In need of a hand to pull him out of the doldrums plaguing his life. He needed something to believe in...

Dr Vu noticed this right away. As he sat on the stoop of his apartment, thinking evil thoughts, he watched Cain walk to his mundane waiting job everyday, kicking pebbles along the way. "This is a man full of sadness" he thought. And Dr. Vu immediately began to plot and scheme a way to exploit this sadness...

Dr. Vu extended a helping hand to Cain. A few bucks here, a warm meal there. He began to forge a friendship with this downtrodden man. He asked nothing in return, only that Cain meet him every week for a chat. Dr Vu did his best at these chats to poisin Cain's mind. He talked about how Abel had cast Cain out, how the world didn't care about him, how no matter what he did, his luck would never turn. Cain slowly began to buy into it. He started to become more angry with the way his life had turned out, how his brother had completely forgotten him. Something had to be done, Dr Vu said. And Cain started to believed him...

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

1 Comment