_marsh_ : Thank you.

simfreak1998 : Thanks!

DCMetro34 : Thanks DC!

tigeria : Thank you very much.

AngelOne : Glad you liked it.

Thank you for commenting!

22091737.jpg

I used the Halo font :)

We are now in the year 1946 in the Whitevale story and a town hall has been built. The town of Whitevale passed 6,500 people near the end of 1945 and people though the idea of building a town hall was long overdue. The town hall was completed in March, 1946.

71661163.jpg

John-Paul, Whitevale's new mayor though it was time the town had it's own flag. This was his vision.

The white flower represents that Whitevale is a town built on agriculture and industry, and that it is constantly growing. And the Black pointy thing in the middle represents Whitevale's power and wealth. And the Town of Whitevale sign just means that it's the Town of Whitevale. John-Paul also made up Whitevale's slogan : Ever Forward We Go.

flag1x.jpg

Ever forward we go is exactly how to describe what Whitevale was is the 1940s. between 1945 and 1948, Whitevale's population went up 1300 people. Whitevale's first roundabout was built in this new neighborhood.

77565211.jpg

A softball field was built in the same neighborhood.

88143153.jpg

South of town, more houses were built over previous farmland.

51255341.jpg

An other subdivision was built north-west of town right next to the railroad tracks.

54279776.jpg

Speaking of railroad tracks, Whitevale's track system was getting overcrowded. To fix that problem, dual tracks were put down. Simple, isn't it?

99624377.jpg

Now, if we go to the downtown area, you will find that a few changes were made. A new 5 story building was constructed : The Edwards Building. The new structure had little shops on the first floor and offices on the top 4. You will see here exactly how it was constructed.

build.gif

This is what Down Town Whitevale looked like after the new building was finished.

65947956.jpg

East of Down Town Whitevale, a new high school was constructed. The old elementary school simply couldn't handle all those kids. The new school could handled about 1200 kids. The school was named : Timothy Plane High School after Tim Plane the 12000th.

20631711.jpg

At this rate, Whitevale will become a thriving city in no time. This is Whitevale in December of 1949. It's current population is 7,962.

22583245.jpg

Well, that's it for now.

Please leave any suggestions. Because I feel my CJ is becoming a bit boring. I feel every update is the same as the last. So give me any ideas to make it better. :)

Anyways, Stay tuned for more about Whitevale.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

8 Comments

Great job! First of all, I personaly think this is very exiting; almost up there with CSG's natural growth. Theres plenty that has been going on. Especialy for a small town of this size. It may be to early in time for an airport. Mabey once you get further in-to the 50's, photoshop the pictures so they have that "retro" look like I have been (atempting ) to do.. Anyways keep it up!

,marsh 

Share this comment

Sorry, I have not checked in the past two months. It's just that my computer died.  So, I got a new computer and, I will still give you ideas for the city of Whitevale.

Share this comment

Now that Whitevale is incorporated as an independent city, At the coming of the 1950's there should be rapid suburban development throughout the whole metropolitan area and city outside downtown. The rapid suburban development should include new houses, shopping centers, schools, and commercial business office parks also, replacing all the farmland in the area. During that rapid development, the downtown area should be getting bigger, wider, and growing taller with tall buildings and skyscrapers and that will happen in the late 1950's. In the early 1960's there should be freeways ringing around and through the city when thay are proposed and starting construction.

I hope you would accept this idea and see more of this city in the coming updates!!  

Share this comment