• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

DDR - Delta City - WIP - 1

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sepen77

5079292409_22cdca771a_b.jpg

Hello all again, I have a major apology: Sorry to keep you all waiting (like there is anyone following this CJ 22.gif). But School has gotten in the way and I haven't played Simcity 4 for more than a month now.15.gif But finally I'm here for an Update.

Here is some essential Information. I will be updating in different types of updates:

The first few will be WIP's - Work In Progress - I will show you what I'm working on and sometimes the finished product; here you might be able to vote on general things.

The second type of update will be Stories - A small update about someone's life or a longer multi-update story.

More will follow - I will update the list above.

DDR - Delta City -  WIP - 1a

5084221663_d724176621_b.jpg

This is an Overview of Delta City Currently. Just to let you know, I have decided to post my first few day's efforts (less than an hour a day).

5076849988_3111d9948e_b.jpg

I started by shaping out the coastline. I like to keep my downtown shores straight and square (45 and 90 angles). I used the "Marrast Embankments". They had Diagonals and I plan to use the same base texture to create a sort of waterfront park in the future.

5076850050_9244ac56c1_b.jpg
Another Picture indicating the shape of the coast line: For a complete Overview Check the Geography Section.

After Shaping out the coastline I wanted to do the highways. But I faced a question: MHW or RHW? Well, I thought for a while, did a little experimentation (took quite some time), and finally decided that DDR was a real country and should use Real Highway. Unfortunately I didn't take many pictures, but here is a trumpet interchange, yet to name the highways.

5082181201_74b424e33a_b.jpg

My next goal was to think up of a rail system that would connect to all the suburbs as commuter rail, cross country rail, as well as freight rail.

5082773928_1a22090fc4_b.jpg

I used the ITS Ten Platform Station for my central hub. With 4 railways branching out in different directions. I added a small train yard and a long term parking garage for intercity travel.

Now here is the problem with this station position: I built the downtown too far away from it. I could simply move it but it would take me hours, yes hours. One thing to keep in mind about me, I build slow, a city block per hour or such, cause I always get to detailed. I try to "screw the details" but I can't seem to remember that thought. I also thought about ignoring it. If anyone has a suggestion about the placement of the station, please provide me with it in your comments. Thanks in Advance

5082181347_fef4f38c2e_b.jpg

This is a picture of what the downtown looks like in general. More Pictures will follow later. I tried to make it not a skyscraper city like NewYork City (I hate those 26.gif)

5082181275_2f8a945e0a_b.jpg

Here is a community just outside of downtown. I think its too close but I always make these mistakes. To rebuild it again would be waste of time... I added the trails down there after going hiking the previous weekend and I noticed just how much trails there were, some hidden between houses. I also introduced a Deltian way of building Communities, by embanking it high up, sometimes community collector roads would go into the community below eyelevel (as shown in the picture.

That's all I have for today, The next update will be in a week or so. Bye!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

3 Comments

Very impressive sepen, I hate doing seawalls  looks nice though, also what water mod are you using?

Share this comment