• Moose
  • Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Historical Landmarks

kench

HISTORICAL LANDMARKS

Good Day! In this city journal, we will take a tour at some of the important landmarks and places in Mindanao... My first few update will introduce you on the style of Minadanaoan cities. Aside from that, this will give you an idea that even if Mindanao is an Asian country, it does not necessarily follow that the style of my cities is pure Asian. Moreover, Filipino style buildings, lots and other sc4 stuffs are not available in any Sim City sites, hence, I decided to mix some Western style in this Asian city.

Feel free to say anything about this city journal... any comment will be accepted.  1.gif

MARCOS MEMORIAL PARK.

President Ferdinand Marcos is the historical dictator president of the Republic of the Philippines. Marcos have made a significant contribution in the development of Mindanao in terms of its economy. Moreover, Mindanao became a very powerful state during his regime.

marcosmemorial.jpg

MARCOS ROYALTY PALMS PLAZA.

Behind the Marcos Memorial Park is a Palms Plaza also named after the dictator president. Mindanaoans used to celebrate Marcos Day in this plaza every August 26.

marcosroyaltypalms.jpg

PALASYO DE ESPANYA.

This is the seat of Spanish Government when Mindanao was still their colony. It is now preserved and secured by the nation government to ensure the proper stability of the structure. At present, only authorized person are allowed to go inside.

palasyodeespanya.jpg

MAYOR'S TRIBUTE STATUE.

This is one of the tribute state for the incumbent Prime Minister of Mindanao from the Mindanao Society of Architects. The place was not yet named. However, it serves as a major landmark in Yaeh City which is located just in front of their city hall.

tributestatue.jpg

PLAZA MIRANDA.

The fountain plaza just in front of the Maharlika Building in the Central Government District of Davao City.

plazamiranda.jpg

PALACE OF FINE ARTS.

A protected landmark inside Digos Catchment Area.

palaceoffinearts.jpg

TORE NG PAGKAKAISA (Tower of Unity).

The tallest landmark structure in Mindanao located in Tagum City just in front of Monteverde Commercial District.

towerofindependence.jpg

DRAGON PARK.

A collaborative gift from Filipino-Chinese Community residing in Mindanao.

dragonpark.jpg

PRESIDENT RAMOS MONUMENT.

A monument built by President Ramos itself. Twelve years after, on the exact date that this monument was built, Mindanao was declared as a separate nation of Philippines. This faces San Pedro Cathedral in Digos City.

presramosmonument.jpg

PLAZA OF GOOD HOPE.

This is the latest project of the Department of Utilities and Infrastructure which was finished last September 2010. It became open to the public last October 10, 2010 (10/10/10) -- a very lucky day! This plaza is a symbol of good hope for Mindanao to prosper for the upcoming years.

plazamiranda.jpg

Thanks for viewing! Watch out for my next update... 2.gif

PLEASE RATE AND COMMENT! 

Domingovich likes this

4 Comments

My home island! I been to those places already in a vacation (the park you posted pictures above)! So much realistic! Wow! (No, i won't give details about my hometown.)

Share this comment

@ empireofcities: It seems that you are so proud about our home place.. huh? anyway, I'm glad that you liked it...

Share this comment