Followers 0
  • Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

003 - An update and a sneak peak

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AnorexicPickle

Hello again Simtropolis. It is I, Anorepick, with more offerings for the City Gods. I said earlier that I was going to wait for the Bay Area to be completed before I posted updates, but like many promises that I have said to people in the past, that has dissolved. And this time, I promise it wont mean the unfortunate end to our relationship followed by many hours in the courthouse battling for custody and... ehh you know what, thats irrelevant. And even if I did promise something along those lines, it would surely fall apart like all my other promises. ANYWAY.. back to the brass tacks.

I've done a little bit more to the region, but the main spotlight of this update is what the cities look like so far. As already stated, I'm going for more of a realism (especially in the region view) over accuracy or overall population. So while this may not be a street by street replica, I believe it looks and even feels like the area it is creating. But I wouldn't be a very neutral judge, considering I made the damn thing. So now it falls onto you all to comment and rate my work, so heres a few screenshots of the Bay City!

p6k9g.jpg

So here is the obligatory night shot of the Crimson Gate bridge. As you can see, the Tower of London is being used as a placeholder until I can find a more suitable model of Fort Point.

vy9vuv.jpg

Here we can see the Temple of Average Artwork. Along with a tiny section of the bayline.

And to Pegasus, I don't know what I'd do without your work. Thanks Pegasus... Thegasus.

2m32ur9.jpg

Here are some of the mansions of the cultural elite. Middle class homes higher up on the hillsides

can be seen in the foreground.

521i7m.jpg

Finally we have a scenic view of the Sunset (no clever name here) with Sutro Tower in the foreground. Thanks goes to carlosau for that nice landmark.

What have we learned?

Maxis lots love to level themselves and create gigantic 90 degree drops of concrete in the landscape.

I hate this.

Thanks for reading, and if anyone knows of a good model for Fort Point I'd love for you to share it. Thanks everyone.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

2 Comments

Isn't there rowhouses instead of mansions at the bay area?  I remember going to a tour at SF and it was just rowhouses next to the bay and piers.

I really don't know if that true, correct me if im wrong.

Share this comment