• Views

Chapter 10 - Whitevale Recovers

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Plane-Crash12000

replies2.jpg

_marsh_ : Thanks for commenting!

m_wilson : Thank you.

Area 49 : lol. Thanks, I put that for my "younger" viewers.

Adrianor : Thats a good idea, but I think I'll keep the current ads for now. You might see some new ones later in the story.

Schulmanator : Thank you.

nate1245 : Thanks!

simfreak1998 : Thank you.

Thank you for sacrificing 10 seconds of your life for commenting on my CJ. :D

I really appreciate the feedback.

78252307.jpg

As some of you may know, the last chapter in the story was loaded like a cat's litter box that hasn't been cleaned for 3 months of bad news. Terrible thinks were happening in Whitevale. But now, It's time for the good news. The town has been making good progress.

The Burton Peek Coal Mine had been cleaned up and started to be reconstructed. The foundations were being built for the new plant.

70779737.jpg

The engineers promised the build the new coal mine much safer. The underground coal transport system was being completely redesigned.

59188812.jpg

Some building were lucky enough to survive the explosion but some others, like the coal cleaning and processing unit weren't so lucky.

95776920.jpg

A few months after the disaster, enough funds were raised to build a park in memories of the coal mine workers who died in the explosion. The first step in constructing the park was to plug the White River. This gave Sam's Motel more parking room.

66400306.jpg

A few months later, the nicest park in town was completed.

50715323.jpg

But the park wasn't your conventional walking park. It had an underground tunnel that passed right under the cemetery. Inside the tunnel was a recreation of a coal mine with a museum in it. The museum had some tools and artifacts from the Burton Coal Mine. Here's a map.

40045329.jpg

The money leftover from building the park was put into building a monument in memories of Whitevale's former mayor and founder, Tim Plane the 12000th. A new mayor was elected shortly after. Tim's son John-Paul.

66534862.jpg

John-Paul was really effected by Tim's death, so he transported his old cabin to a lake about 15km away from Whitevale. He then would use it as a cottage.

55475421.jpg

John-Paul had built a nice little boat house just beside the beautiful lake he named, Lac A Timmy. John-Paul loved to go fishing in the lake. (This was inspired by a Lake I discovered in the woods near my house. I named it : Lac A Timmy. Wich means Timmy's Lake in french.)

35569979.jpg

One of the downsides of having a cottage in the middle of the woods is that you need a way to get there. So John-Paul carved a 2km path through the trees. It makes a nice little 45 minute walk. One problem John-Paul encountered was a river. So, he built a bridge. duh! He also built a little gazebo where he could take a break.

51219189.jpg

Now all that remains where Tim's old cabin was is a vacant lot that will soon be built on.

58418289.jpg

Tim's old garden is now dead and full of old bear poop.

52987474.jpg

Well, that's it for now.

Stay tuned for more about Whitevale.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

7 Comments