Followers 0
  • Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

001 - Introduction

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AnorexicPickle

So here is my second version of this region. The original one was lost on my old hard drive, and now I'm setting off to remake it as a little project. Although it may lack a lot of shiny new toys (the only real non maxis thing being the ports) I'm enjoying the process of building it up to what the original was.

t5q4om.jpg

Here we have the region view. Population is still very very low, as I have not grown the cities too much yet.

Take note of the names of the cities, using what I know of the actual bay area I managed to name them accordingly.

537j2s.jpg

Heres the transportation map. The highway system has almost been closed together, and I still have to expand in the south

a lot with it. I'll be leaving out the San Maeto-Hayward bridge (or in my version the San Metro-Wayward bridge) due to it

being too long and not having any real good place to put it.

So now I'll be updating the progress I'm making here, and once I finish with it I'll start an actual journal for the cities themselves.

I'd love any comments or suggestions, thanks.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

9 Comments

From the region view, it looks very much like the real San Francisco! I can't wait to see the cities 

Share this comment

Well, since you asked, I have a suggestion you might want to try if you'd like to do the San Mateo- Hayward Bridge. Here's how it looks in my "goofing around" region ....

I raised 2 causeways in the middle of the Bay and connected them with the bridges.

I used the angled turns to give it a more natural, sweeping effect. It takes a bit of trial and error ( lots of error ) to get it right.  I had to use a raised highway to get enough elevation on it so it wouldn't impede ferry and seaport traffic.  I find this technique pretty effective at bridging difficult bodies of water.  These small islands can also be placed on map edges to create multi tile bridges.
 It was a pretty pricey affair : Total costs were about 2.1 million simoleons for the entire project. I had to hammer my Sims on taxes for about 20 years  to repay the loan I took out to build it .

Hope this helps a little...
-JJ-

Share this comment

Wow, that is an incredible bridge you made Jetty Jockey! And that is a nice region view too! I would like to see more.

Share this comment

That looks great Jetty! Although due to the way the Maxis San Francisco region is, the Dumbarton bridge area is literally adjacent to the Hayward bridge. I may include it later on, but as for now I'm going to be just doing a simple single loop with the southern highways.

If only there were diagonal bridges. I encountered the need for that earlier as well, in building the Oakland bay bridge.
Imagine the possibilities city builders could explore with just a simple mod...

Share this comment