• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Reconstruction: October 01, 2010

Sign in to follow this  
sumwonyuno

Hello everyone,

I know it's been a long time since the last update. It's been a busy two months (of school and another "sc" game). I've been waiting patiently for the SC4D scrutineers on the Central Pacific Plaza lot. We'll all have to keep waiting patiently since it is out of my hands.

For this update, I've chosen to recreate some undeveloped land along Farrington Highway on the Leeward Coast of O'ahu, a bit north of the Kahe Power Plant. Based on a map I found on the Kapolei Area Long Range Master Plan, this area is zoned under Public Facility/Utility. I'm not sure what would eventually be built here, if ever.

20101001_01.jpg

I travelled through the area in January of this year. The area is probably still relatively dry, since we've recently ended the dry season. It has been quite cloudy (like in the following picture) the past few days, with occasional showers and downpours, so I wouldn't be surprised if there is some temporary greening.

20101001_02.jpg

Here is a zoom 4 and zoom 5 picture of my recreation. I wish I had some short, dry, and pale green or yellow grasses available to better match real life. IMHO, the combination and placement of ploppable items may be simpler compared to other updates, but the result looks more pleasing to the eye than some of my previous work.

20101001_03.jpg

20101001_04.jpg

Until next time, enjoy!

Sign in to follow this  

5 Comments

Recommended Comments

wow although it's a patch of field but it definitely looks realistic and detailed! It looks so natural. :D I can see the different types of grass you've used.

Share this comment

awesomeness! It feels like you could step through the computer screen and into hawaii! cant wait for more!

Share this comment

I will be honest... on the third picture, I thought you posted a RL picture (until I saw that avenue) not a SC4 image. The natural elements looks spectacular, some of the best I have ever seen! Great work!

Share this comment

tigeria:  Heh, I think the more simple the area, the more room there is to make it reali

The Duke:  Thank you!

Sky Guy:  Thanks, and sorry to keep you waiting for the new update.

k50dude:  Heh, it's perfectly all right, and I do get amazed myself by the work of other SimCity players.

Share this comment