• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Visitor Center

Sign in to follow this  
Schulmanator

cjmastheadtr1.jpg

Admiral Islands: Visitor Center

Everyone is excited about Schulmania's newest and biggest national park - Admiral Islands. Nearly all of the northern islands are part of the reserve, except for Chocowinity. The islands are undeveloped, save for some hiking trails and bridges connecting the islands. Except, of course the visitor center. The park's visitor center is located on Buss Falls Island, home of the nation's two largest waterfalls. So, let's examine the only built up spot in the park, the Buss Falls Visitor Center.

vc7.jpg

Approaching the visitor center by boat is the only way to get there. It's an island, after all! Currently, the only service is via New Hestorbia and Chocowinity. More routes will be available as new towns are developed on the main island.

vc2.jpg

Park offices are located right by the docks and include a vending area and litterboxes. Welcome to the park!

vc8.jpg

Once you have left the dock, the nature museum, interpretive center and of course the gift shop! The lower level and terrace primarily feature guest accommodations and eateries. After all, with such a remote location, the average guest will spend several days here.

vc9.jpg

The main trail through the visitor center is not too steep thanks to a switchback and some terracing...

vc6.jpg

...but you will certainly need your hiking boots once you set out to explore the island!

vc5.jpg

Huff... puff....huff...puff... Lots of steepness on the island!

The views will certainly be worth it. Enjoy nature here at the Admiral Islands National Park. Please come and visit soon!

3rXU8c4Lsn1.png

.jpg

Sign in to follow this  

11 Comments

Recommended Comments

REPLIES

NOTE: All replies above this are now added to post count totals for rank and awards.

A66666   Thanks! I am glad you like it. And, welcome to Schulmania. Please do come back and enjoy more of what we have to offer here.

DCMetro34  I appreciate your coming by and am glad you enjoyed this update.

-?Maître Thank you. I am glad you came back and enjoyed this update.

Reikhardt   LOL! That’s what a day at the park is supposed to do!

ImVhOzzi   Me too. But due to the war, I don’t think anyone will be able to sail there anytime soon. So, only local residents for the time being.

Hester   Cool! I did not know you were an avid hiker.

Share this comment

REPLIES

NOTE: All replies above this are now added to post count totals for rank and awards.

ImVhOzzi   Hopefully the war will end soon and everyone can come and enjoy.

Zombiehunter   Sure! Come on over!

Zelgadis   If I don’t need any pedestrians in the picture, the ploppable rocks make for a great pathway.

Share this comment