Followers 0
  • Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Sponztav Light Rial

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Retep Molinari

Sponztav- impoverished, polluted, and depressed.

Once a core of Bordav's industry, the city has been in steep decline since the 1980s. As of 2000, unemployment stood at 18% , and underemployment at 39%. Pollution grips the city that hasn't grown in decades.

For full, super vivid resolution on all pics: Right click image + "View image." Very worth it!!

sponztavapr181771284179.png

Sponztav was targeted for immediate transportation improvised because of the following factors:

• It lacked any mass transit besides busses.
  • Pollution in the City could be lessened with mass transit.
  • A massive project (including the building of rail and the rolling stock) would jump-start the economy.

Under the Syldav Union reconstruction plan, local factories were put to work building new rolling stock for a future light rail system. This public showing of a prototype drew 10,000 onlookers.

seattle_south_lake_union_streetcar_flick

In 2001, the massive light rail system was outlined. the core of the system was to be operating in mid-2005, and fully finished by 2007.

sponztavmap.jpg

The northern tip of the Orange Line runs through a very poor district. The government was dead-set on securing transportation equity. This line runs through to the University. The tram line took a right of way from a local street. Though some residents complained, others cheered the traffic calming and the new transit opportunities.

sponztavfeb191831285108.png

The end of the Orange Line. Note how no houses are denied road access, while the light rail still maintains most right-of-ways. Efficient transit would be the key to maintaining a large system for a city of Sponztav's modest size.

sponztavmar101831285108.png

The central hub is a subway station in Civic Center. Five of the city's 7 lines run through the hub's 3 levels. Timed transfers make almost any trip in the city feel line a one-train ride.

sponztavmar201831285108.png

A close-up of the hub. You can see that two entrances to the station are up the street. 14,000 people work between the those stops, and an easy entrance was a nice addition.

sponztavdec131821285295.png

This light rail segment, shared by the Red and Pink Lines, runs along an old highway corridor. As previous posts have show, underused and unsafe highways all along Bordav are being replaced by new transit options.

You can see how the new light-rail line (along with repainted storefronts) makes this old industrial sector much more pleasing. Perfect? no, but a step in a brighter direction.

sponztavmay241831285108.png

Like the Orange Line, the Green Line ends in a dense, poor neighborhood. Note how the trains have their own right of way at the end stop so traffic can continue.

sponztavmay311831285108.png

In addition to a regular stop, an additional station was build to handle event crowds. Shuttles will run to the central hub and university before and after games.

sponztavmar161831285108.png

The Orange and Pink Lines end find tier western terminal at the University. Though all the trains are double-ended, the loop allows trains to layover.

sponztavapr121831285186.png

Obtiav Circle is in the western part of town. Here, four lines dip underground where they can meet for timed transfers.  Three of the lines continue underground to Downtown.

sponztavdec111821285296.png

This is the first of many light rail systems to be build on Bordav and Peotav, and one of many projects happening in Sponztav!

Until next time!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

5 Comments

Great entry, I don't think I have ever seen someone weave their light rail through a city so well. 

Where did you get that subway hub? In the fifth SC4 picture? 

Share this comment

This is really good work like k50dude said the light rail looks awesome ... great job creating such an awesome system an the neighborhoods you made look nice as well i like how in the third picture the light rail nicely flows past the rowhouse 

Share this comment

It was good to see how you implemented the GLR in an existing town without damaging existing buildings. Well done.

Share this comment

k50dude: Thanks for the message! I love laying light rail more than anything on SC4, so your comment is well taken! The hub is a subway station you can get off the STEX. I think it's called yellow-something.

-?Maître?: Thanks! I wasn't sure in eating up a residetnal street would work as a light-rail right-of-way, but I am pretty happy with the results.

n_wilson: Well, I damaged some buildings! But taking down people's houses isn't a great way to win over new people.

JGellock: You better like it; you picked it!

Share this comment