• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Sakura City (Part 2)

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
p_kitaro

-Notices-

Despite how ugly the page will look like, I've decided to move the comments section to the top of every update.  Now anyone who commented can see their comments on the next update.

Also, since about a week ago, my schedule has become more packed.  Since I have to maintain a life of my own, I'll be updating less often that usual.  Before I could update this page every 3-5 days, now it may be 1 to 2 weeks at best!

Comments

Adrianor: Done!9.gif

tepodon: Actually it's not a custom BAT of my own.  It's the parliament for the SCJU Union.  I have to say though, it's one of the best buildings I've ever seen!  It's perfect for an island country like this!  Here's the link for it5.gif.

Skimbo: Thank you!

tankman: I've asked this question too18.gif For three years I've tried fixing only to fail utterly.  I know this is a game, but really this country has a mind of its own.  If these "citizens" want to build 20 of the same buildings next to each other in a straight line, they'll do it.  In a way, it ain't my country anymore18.gif.

aoyama_banner_largecopy2.jpg

aoyama_sakura2copy.jpg

Here's a few random snippet of areas in the SFD.  These will be elaborated on in their respective updates.

-SHOPPING-

Mitasu District

mitasu_district1.jpg

Like Shinatama, Mitasu houses both stores and residetial housing due to Sakura's aimless zoning plans.

Chuo Shopping District

chuo_shopping_districtcopy.jpg

chuo_2.jpg

Chuo Centre: In the middle, the new Metroline Ground rail lines are finished and ready for use on launch day.

rta_bldg.jpg

RTA Headquarters:  Current location of Radio-Television of Aoyama, the nation's state-run media network and largest Aoyaman broacasting network.  It's also a major news provider.  This network, along with some six other networks will handle the news updates on this CJ.  Aoyama's media is extremely competitive, with every network fighting for the very few advertising cash left.  Due to that, the news networks will do anything to get the most eye-opening stories to the screen.

If you thought Fox News was bad, think again.

-TRANSPORTATION-

nogizaka_ic.jpg

Nogizaka Crossway: Named after the first Prime Minister of Aoyama, Satoshi Nogizaka.

e2_expressway.jpg

E2 Expressway, Westbound

(Top) Bumper to bumper traffic at 7:30 AM in Rush Hour.

(Bottom) Mitasu E2 Toll Booth.  Modeled after the Japanese expressway model, Aoyama's expressways are extremely advanced.  However, construction of it brought massive public debt.  With such a huge burden, the entire Seikoku network has now been written off to private corporations.

Today, the expressway has become one of the world's most expensive motorways to drive on.  Motorist are now charged by the kilometer, in addition to huge entrance and exit fees.  A trip from the SFD to Saitama (about 8 kilometers) can cost as much as 350 Aoyaman yen ($15)!?

e2_2.jpg

(don't mind the boxy brown grass18.gif, I'm going to experiment with changing the BATs textures for the wall barriers one day)

e3_expressway.jpg

E3 Expressway, Northbound

ata_bullet.jpg

ATA Bullet train stationed at Parliament Park Station in Chuo.

Thank you for reading!  Please comment!9.gif

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

9 Comments

it looks really good! :D i love asian cities and i'm glad to say i will stay tune for your future updates. (:

Share this comment

Looking great and very asian but one small thing i think you should turn off the grid, it will make the pictures look a lot better

Share this comment