• Comments
  • Views

Chapter 14 : License Plates (an extra)

Sign in to follow this  
tigeria

trafficbanner.jpg

Chapter 14 : License Plates (an extra)

Personal Message:

This post is a little extra to my CJ. Thought of playing around designing stuff and I thought that it'll be nice designing Tigeria's license plates. The Selbring International Airport is left with my last minute addition of the domestic terminal and thus should be ready in the next entry. Do stay tuned!

Replies to posts :

@Towerdude : Yes yes i love asian cities too! :D

@Reikhardt : Thank you very much! As a matter of fact, i had quite a bit too much of them. :P In RL.

@k50dude : Thanks alot! I appreciate it!

@Guibanez_ : Hey thanks alot! :D

@DCMetro34 : Hey thanks alot! haha yea because the Mid-Autumn's here and that point of time i had a craving for mooncakes, which gave me an inspiration.

@Schulmanator : Thanks alot! Thanks for dropping by! :D

@sloid : Thanks alot man! :D

Introduction

Tigeria has a huge vehicle population. In a recent survey, every family owns a vehicle on average in Tigeria. Apart from the private vehicles, commercial vehicles and public vehicles hold a relative huge proportion to the vehicle population. Identifying each and every vehicle is thus a huge task for authorities.

In order to create a systematic, efficient and organised approach towards identifying vehicles, the Tigerian Government has came up with state alphabetical system. This took effect in 1946 when vehicle ownership started to increase as the industry and business grew after the World War.

The License Plates:

Private vehicles and public vehicles each have their own type of identification and license plates. Here is the format for the license plates in Tigeria. The centre letter of the first 3 letters will never be a vowel as vowels are reserved for Government designation.

licenseplatemain.jpg

Pic 1 : The standard format of a Tigerian vehicle license plate.

States and Regions classification (For private vehicles)

There are a total of 18 states in Tigeria. Thus every state is to have a unique starting alphabet to be designated for identifying purposes.

tigeriamap.jpg

The State Classification

tablekh.jpg

Examples of private vehicle plates : 

licenseplatetgt.jpg

Pic 2 : There are only 3 colour schemes for the license plates. White with black fonts, Black with white fonts or Yellow with black fonts. Using other coloured plates is deemed illegal.

Public and Special Vehicles 

For public and special vehicles, they have their own designated starting letters regardless of which state they belong to. This is to create a standardised system between the different types of vehicles.

publiclicense.jpg

Pic 3 :

First plate : Is for taxis. The yellow strip at the top of the plate is present on all taxis.

Second plate : It is for Police Dept Vehicles. It has a navy blue strip at the top of the plate. The state identifier logo at the bottom right of the plate signifies the state the vehicle belongs to.

Third plate : It is for Fire Dept Vehicles. It is a unique red coloured plate. The state identifier logo at the bottom right of the plate signifies the state the vehicle belongs to.

Fourth plate : It is for Civic vehicles, which includes Ambulances. It has a red strip on the top of the plate. The state identifier logo at the bottom right of the plate signifies the state the vehicle belongs to.

heavyvehlicense.jpg

Pic 4 :

First plate : Is for Public Buses. Private buses have the PH starting letters.  

Second plate : It is for Trucks and trailers. The plates are standardised to yellow coloured.

govtlicense.jpg

Pic 5 :

First plate : It is for Military Vehicles. M starting letter is given to Military vehicles only. The license plates for the Military has no state name, crest or state identifier logo. It is also standardised as a black plate with white fonts.

Second plate : It is for government vehicles. TIG is used as it stands for TIGERIA. Only government vehicles are entitled to TIG starting alphabets. Once TIG is exhausted, it will start with TIA and so fourth with I as the middle alphabet.

==================================================================================================================

That's all i have for now!

Do stay tuned for the next entry as I bring you into Selbring International Airport! :D

Sign in to follow this  

8 Comments

Recommended Comments

That plates have a very professional and cared design, and I love the way how you've thought in all (or nearly all) kinds of vehicles that can "wear" them... Great update!

Share this comment

wow amazing amazing amazing amazing!!!!!!!!!!

loved the subdivisions, the plates (the yellow one looks like the old brazilian plates from 1992 :p)

Share this comment