Followers 0
  • Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Cyclic Garbage Dump Opened

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
n_wilson

After four months of building time (and a three weeks holiday of mine) the City of GRUNEN is proud to announce that the regions first cyclic garbage dump has opened.

The proud mayor’s wife booked a sightseeing flight in one of the old balloons kept in the shed of Gustav Montgolfiere. She took some nice pictures of her gardens and the pretty flowers growing there. She also waved her grand nice and took pictures of … Ahhh, wait … where was I? … ahh … oh, yeah, the garbage dump.

Of course she also took pictures of the garbage dump. Here are two of the best:

Cyclic Garbage Dump in Zoom 3

Cyclic Garbage Dump in Zoom 4

Nice, ieh?

You can read the story behind this garbage dump here.

The dump handles the waste of the entire region. At the moment the City of GRUNEN does not charge the surrounding villages as the dump is big enough to handle all of the waste easily. This may probably change some time in the future when the city needs all the dumps capacity itself.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

3 Comments

This is a great idea.  It is very well thought out and does work.  I tried it a little and had one thought: it takes a lot of micromanagement.  You must be aware of when the current site is full, and switch dumpsites.  Once your city gets pretty big, that process speeds up tremendously.  You seem to be building a small town/rural CJ, so this idea works brilliently for you, I just wanted to share my thoughts.  Great job on the CJ, I just adore the region views.

Share this comment

Reply:

@usfwoody: Your comment is greatly appreciated! Actually I am developing a metropolis CJ. Why you can't see it now? We are at the beginning and I am developing it slowly and try to role play the different political forces involved in the development process. Since the opening of the dump regions population nearly has doubled. I am working on an entry that shows the region shots I have taken to make the development visible. I think you will pretty much like it. I also will do a time lapse animation of the region shots. But that is later on the list.

You are right; this dump involves micromanagement. As I have said the City of GRUNEN imports all of the regions waste. As the region has grown immensly by now (2 GY after the opening shot in the CJ above) the cycling function of the dump was dropped. And more: the dump was enlarged. The dumping space nowadays has nearly doubled and it is still not enough. The mayor of the City of GRUNEN is in negotiations with the surrounding cities to terminate the import contracts to restore the cycling function of the dump. Negotiations are very difficult. Nobody wants the waste and there is simply no other dump in the region. One possible solution is to bury the waste in the depleted areas of the Philipp Mine in Bay-North. Oh, I am talking to much. I think I have to do a follow up entry in this journal on the waste question... :)

Hope you will join me.

Share this comment

This really is a great idea. Shilka is a genius  Its cool to see that you have incorparated it into your gameplay. I just might too. 

,marsh

Share this comment