• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Once upon a time...

Sign in to follow this  
TekindusT

Comment Replies

lesgaz: Thanks for your comment!

k50dude: Thank you for commenting, my friend, glad you liked it so much! Yeah, I seriously doubt I'd be considered to the "Most Beautiful City" Trixie...

DCMetro34: Thanks for your comment, my friend!

Alejandro24: ¡Gracias por comentar!

Jetty Jockey: Thank you for your comment! It's not the first time this CJ has been compared with the US Rust Belt cities, I assume this is great for me!

dghh70: Thanks for commenting! I'm a fan of soviet/communist CJs here, that's my homage...

figgy: Thanks for your... comment?

Skimbo: Thank you for commenting! I've just played with contrast and saturation, what is hard to is city transit maps like yours...

CTMandR: Thanks for commenting, my friend!

jj88: Thank you for your comment! I haven't lotted anything, the whole nuclear plant is a mega lot (suprisingly dependancy-free) you can download here [link].

ImVhOzzi: Thanks for commenting! Definately, I was inspired by SimHoTToDDy, Glenni and art128 whose CJs are a synonym of awesomeness...

--------------------------------------------------------

bannerod.jpg

Blackwater hasn't been always like this. There was a time, lots of years ago, when this was a pleasant place to live. We still can see some buildings that talk about Blackwater's old good days...

43336665.jpg

Some small houses can still be seen among the residential projects here and there, sometimes occupying tiny lots where larger buildings can't be placed. Their dwellers are, most of the times, elder people who can't afford moving somewhere else or going to a retirement house.

351in.jpg

St. Georges' Church, built in 1808 in corner where Faraday Avenue and Van der Graaf Street meet; is still on use. Every Sunday morning, catholic people (specially aged people) from all over Blackwater to attend the mass. During weekdays, Catechesis lessons are given to a few kids, the only ones whose parents can afford their First Communion. Obviously, masses and lessons are interrupted every five minutes because a Metro train is passing by.

63828282.jpg

Before the power lines, the factories arrived and the residential projects were built; this was a middle-class neighbourhood; relatively close to the downtown. Historic societies try to protect the few remnants of old Blackwater without success.

Sign in to follow this  

14 Comments

Recommended Comments

It was interesting reading about the church, it made Blackwater seem so nice. Communion looks like free breakfast for Blackwater's citizens! 

Share this comment

Its nice to see you put in a bit of history with some of the old buildings. Makes you feel a little sad for the old timers still clinging to the past.

Share this comment

¡Buen trabajo! Es magnifico como representas la decadencia de Blackwater, pero curiosamente los mundos decadentes son los más interesantes de todos.

Share this comment

Great update. And thanks for the link, I normally don't get megalots because they have so many dependancies - it's nice to have one that doesn't :)

El Burro's other powerplant is also good :)

I wonder what we will see next in Blackwater...

Share this comment