• Comments
  • Views

Chapter 6| Episode 36

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Follarch

1-7.jpg

Later that night,

Office of Military Intelligence Building.

2-7.jpg

The sun set once again, and darkness fell, but that's never a problem with this city.

3-7.jpg

Tristan before a computer console looking at the video feed of a fighter jet  in the air. He watched the video feed of the land going by in a night vision green tint.

pilot.jpgPhoenix Pilot: Negative visual so far.

tristan2.jpgChancellor Tristan: Keep scanning, they came from somewhere.

pilot.jpgPhoenix Pilot: Yes sir, continuing sweep.

Tristan then turned around and faced Trellian and Panin, who were doing their own thing.

tristan2.jpgChancellor Tristan: Tell me any of you have something.

Trellian looked up from another computer terminal standing behind its occupant and shook his head. Panin looked up from a datapad that was given to her by another assistant and also shook no. Tristan sighed and folded his arms.

tristan2.jpgChancellor Tristan: Those missiles came from somewhere, how hard can it be to find where they launched from?

Trellian.gifCommander Trellian: Sir, those missiles were military grade, and powerful. They could have been launched from an off shore vessel or Virgin Shores for all we know.

untitled-1.jpgVice Chancellor Panin: We can't rely on Radar scans. They completely evaded being detected by several listening posts all around the city. I don't know if we'll ever find out where they came from Tristan.

Tristan sighed again and began to pace.

tristan2.jpgChancellor Tristan: What...what about my daughter? Where's Tessa?

Trellian.gifCommander Trellian: Oh! Sorry for not saying something sooner sir, one of my men radioed in saying  he was with Tessa near ground zero. They're also with your wife and Lerra. They're safe inside the Government building.

tristan2.jpgChancellor Tristan: Good, I want a Raven ready to take me there in ten minutes, understood? I don't want to be separated from my family again.

Trellian nodded and turned away and unclipped a radio from his waist. Tristan lowered his head and rubbed his eyes with his fingers, moving them to the bridge of his nose. Panin walked over and put a hand on his shoulder.

untitled-1.jpgVice Chancellor Panin: Are you okay Tristan?

tristan2.jpgChancellor Tristan: Why Panin? Why must running this country be so damn hard? Why is there always someone trying to wreak havoc?

untitled-1.jpgVice Chancellor Panin: We'll find a way to fix this. Don't worry.

tristan2.jpgChancellor Tristan: One day our people will have a new start...somehow.

Venture Telecomm and Entertainment Building

Waterfront Plaza

4-8.jpg

Rua sat on one of the benches, still staring at the OMI tower across the water. He felt the cold breeze of the air hit his face as he relentlessly stared down the momument to Follomer's military might. He then raised his watch up and looked at the time, letting out a sigh. He then pulled out a flashlight from his pocket and set it on his lap.

manRua.jpgRua: Well...let's see how this goes.

Industry Warehouse

Just outside St. Krist city, north of Downtown

5-6.jpg

Late night traffic buzzed by the warehouse. Everyone was heading home after a long day. Inside the warehouse, one man was still at work, as he called it, as he sat down before a large computer monitor, and looked over it's many programs. He then cracked his knuckles and typed in several commands before hovering his fingers over the enter key.

???: God giveth...

His finger then came down on the key, setting the commands in motion.

6-6.jpg

???: And God taketh away... Ha, ha ha! Ha ha ha ha!!

OMI Building

Sub-level command center

3-7.jpg

Trellian.gifCommander Trellian: Raven will be prepped on the pad in five minutes sir, I'll accompany you to the government building-

The lights suddenly went out all around them and everything lost power.

Assistant 1: What the hell??

Assistant 2: We lost power, everything's out!

After a minute, power then returned to the room, and the rest of the building. The island's backup generators kicked into action as the central computer detected a cutoff of imported power from the city. Tristan looked around, confused.

tristan2.jpgChancellor Tristan: What?? A power surge ontop of everything that happened today?

Trellian then heard a report over his radio and told the assistant at the terminal to bring up a security cam feed of outside.

Trellian.gifCommander Trellian: Sir...that wasn't a surge, you need to look at this.

Tristan walked over to Trellian and stared at the image.

tristan2.jpgChancellor Tristan: ...oh no.

7-4.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

3 Comments

The tower is like a beacon in the night... I suppose that's what happens when you shut off the power and you're the only one in town with a generator.

Things just keep getting worse and worse...

Share this comment

Holy crud, the affects you imply to the pictures look great! The last picture is awesome, nice work! 

Share this comment