Devlin (AFDES)

• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

A Quick RHW Tutorial: Tight Overpasses

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Wahrheit

Have you ever wanted to put an overpass  that psedo-flys over the RHW from which it came from? Similar to this?

elyria_-_rt8_connector_north_interchange

Well here's the tutorial on how to do so!

First, you have your plain RHW. It doesn't have to be RHW-4 (well, your only other options are RHW-2 and MIS-1) and it doesn't have to be side by side.

step1.jpg

Now, when we try just dragging the thing across, we get this:

step2.jpg

Not so pretty eh? Doesn't work either. We can try putting the RHW x RHW pieces, but then there's no way to have a curve that close.

Or is there?

Clear out the tiles where the overpass will be.

step3.jpg

Place your ERHW x RHW pieces (using the networks you want, I'm using EMIS x RHW 4 for this example) You can connect the RHW-4 to them (using the RHW-4 filler pieces) if you want now. I added them in later because I was lazy 3.gif.

step4.jpg

Place 4 filler pieces of that network, 2 on each side.

step6.jpg

Demolish the outermost one, as to leave stubs.

step7.jpg

Draw out from those stubs and connect as shown. You can connect on the other side too, but for this example I'm focusing on one side (to simplify things)

step8.jpg

Demolish that extra stub.

step9.jpg

Place your starter or transition pieces, and you're done!

step10.jpg

Now using this method, you can build a basketweave like this:

basketweaveexample.jpg

Hope that was useful!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

12 Comments

I must be missing something here, because to be honest, the result of your work here seems utterly bizarre...  What purpose would an interchange like this serve?  It seems like an engineer's dream and a city planner's nightmare.  Again, though, I'm keeping the assumption that I'm missing something here, so I'll just roll with that.  :P

ISF

Share this comment

@All: Thanks for the kind words everyone! Glad to see this is useful!

ISF: Well, the point isn't the interchange that results from it, this tutorial is more oriented to add a new "tool" (or rather technique) to your RHW "toolbox." This method will help when you need an overpass to cross a RHW without having to use an extra tile of width or more.

Share this comment