• Moose
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
  • Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Chapter 12 : Fort Kalleby, Jelenton (our last stop)

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tigeria

jelentonlagostabanner.jpg

Chapter 12 : Fort Kalleby, Jelenton (our last stop)

Moving down Veldis Road, I arrive at Kalleby. Kalleby is a small area at the eastern most tip of Jelenton. Kalleby is marked as a historic site in Cannasera due to the Fort Kalleby Park.

pic111.jpg

Pic 1 : Fort Kalleby Park

Fort Kalleby Park is a historical preserved site which used to be an active fort of the Southern Tigerian Army in the period of 1710 to 1780. It was destroyed in the Battle of South Cannasera in 1780. Back in those times, different states had their army and they fought with each other to gain a foothold. It was only in 1783 that a common constitution was formed.

Fort Kalleby had since been left abandoned till the 1880s where villagers from nearby farmtowns discovered this site. The Tigerian Government then did rebuilding works and preservation of the remains. In WW2, Fort Kalleby miraculously survived the Buetonese artillery barrage. In 1950s, it was opened to the public as a historical site and has remained here till today. It offers breathtaking views and the remaining structures are a hit with tourists as they climb those steep stairs up the walls.

pic112.jpg

Pic 2 : A bird's eye view of Fort Kalleby Park and its vicinity

pic122.jpg

Pic 3 : Another view of Fort Kalleby Park.

pic116.jpg

pic117.jpg

Pic 4 : A mosaic of the Fort Kalleby Park

How to Get Here!

pic114b.jpg

Pic 5 : There are bus stops directly outside the park along Veldis Road and some bus services plying here goes all the way to the city.

pic115h.jpg

Pic 6 : If you drive, you can park at the carpark here at the main gateway of the park. Parking is free but subjected to availability.

pic113.jpg

Pic 7 : Shops nearby offer food and drinks for sale if you intend to have a small picnic here.

Now for some of the notable sites in the park.

pic119.jpg

Pic 8 : Tunnel A entrance. It is a well-lit tunnel with ample ventilation and introductory boards to provide useful information and history for tourists. Wax figurines are also placed inside to allow tourists to better understand how things were in the past.

pic118.jpg

Pic 9 : Tunnel B entrance. Like Tunnel A, it is well lit and ventilated. However we have some people who have fears of entering the tunnel.

pic121k.jpg

Pic 10 : Tunnel C entrance. A short walk into the edges of the park, this tunnel offers views of an underground bunker and leads back to Tunnel A entrance.

pic120.jpg

Pic 11 : Tower 1 is the most popular photo-taking site for most tourists. Be it at the foot of the tower or on the tower, photographers love this spot. We can spot occassional couples taking their wedding photos here.

That's all at my short trip to Jelenton. I'll have to head back to the city where life is back to normal. I hope to visit here again soon!

==================================================================================================================

This is the last of the 3 part series of Jelenton. I hope you've enjoyed it so far :D

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

6 Comments

Oh my lord ..... ..... My Friend ..... this is just undescribaly magnificent ..... please keep it up
-?Maître?

Share this comment

Nice work!! I like the historic fort as it serves as a nice tourist spot for your rural area. Keep it Up.

Share this comment

-?Maitre? : Thanks alot! I will keep it up. :D

Dannibee : Hey thanks alot! it was actually my first time i am trying it out (:

Schulmanator : Hey thank you!

Blacknf : Hey thanks! Yup it does :D

Skimbo : Thank you and thanks for dropping by! :D

Share this comment