The New Forest

• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Introduction

Sign in to follow this  
Dannibee

Introduction

The New Forest is a area in the south of England, just located west of Southampton, a major port for the UK.

map.jpg

The New Forest National Park covers around 570 km2 , 26 miles of it stretches along the coast which equates to 76% of Hampshire's coastline. 

Despite its name, it was actually created by William the Conqueror in 1079 as his "new forest" for deer hunting. Modern New Forest Commoners, occupy land, owned by the Crown, with "commoning" rights to graze their livestock in the forest. New Forest ponies are the most famous inhabitants. Ironically, its also the location of where two of William's sons died.

The majority of the forest is conifers, due to a sudden demand of wood in the First World War, that is however being reversed in some places with more deciduous being planted in the last few years.

In this CJ I will attempt to recreate a few areas of the forest and other surrounding parts which I find interesting. Anyway, without further ado let's get this show on the road. (What's with the metaphors?3.gif)

♦ I don't mind you saying that you don't like it, as long as you give a perfectly good reason why

♦ If you want to know a certain plugin, just send me a PM, it will be much more helpful and won't clutter up the comments

♦ Or you can recommend me a plugin if you want, again, just pop along a PM 2.gif

♦ I will do my best but thanks to the games limitations some places will be a bit hard to do

So, erm, yeah welcome to my CJ, and I hope you enjoy it! I'll post replies in the next Update, and I will update them

Sign in to follow this  

4 Comments

Recommended Comments

Best of luck! It's a really interesting and beautiful part of England so I'm really interested in what you do with it!

Share this comment