Followers 0
  • Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Naval Base

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
the00guvna

Due to its location, Bayport is home to the largest naval base of the Lower Hudson Republic. Stationed here is one battleship, two cruisers, five destroyers, four submarines, and 12 patrol boats. (Just don't tell anybody) 41.gif

89698471.jpg

An overview of the base

88630765.jpg

The LHS Revenge, flagship of the fleet.

10593982.jpg

The submarine pens. Four attack subs are stationed here, the O'Kane, the Dealey, the Richard Lark, and the Alf Engen.

87311176.jpg

The Destroyer Docks. Oddly enough, all five are docked at the same time.

36441579.jpg

Two Aegis equipped cruisers of the Arleigh Burke class.

12462597.jpg

The DASH (Drone AntiSubmarine Helicopter) is capable of hunting and killing subs with no crew on board. More forward is the VLS system and the Harpoon missile launchers. 

15049071.jpg

The patrol boat Speedy is pictured being refueled.

63737368.jpg

RRRGGGHHH! I'VE ABOUT HAD IT WITH YOU!!!!!!!32.gifHa Ha JK

Fed up is a civilian contractor that specializes in moving freight short distances over water. Just think FedEx truck, but on water.

810d.jpg

The logistics center. A surprising amount of supplies is needed to sustain a warship at sea.

811i.jpg

Another unloading area.

That's all!

Hope you enjoy!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

7 Comments

I like the Naval idea. Even better with the port/base combo. Good placement with the lots -- some of the better work I have seen with seaports, for sure! I however do see some open space in the first, fourth, and seventh pic that could have been utilized or developed. Other than that, good stuff!

Share this comment

Thank you! I tried to put in some docks in those spaces, but i had to raise the terrain, and each time i did that, i bulldozed the naval pier next to it and couldn't put it back and that continued on and on...

Share this comment

Go to SimPeg.com and take a look at the water texture mods.  Your water could use a facelift.  Other than that I like what you did with the Naval dock set.  I am planning on doing that myself in the future and I will check back here for some inspiration.

Share this comment

Replies:
@tigeria: Thank you for your comment! They really are!
@Reikhardt: Thank you! I agree!
@usfwoody: Thanks for commenting! I will follow your suggestion and incorporate those into the next update, the seaport itself.

Share this comment

very good naval base. awsome work.
will you plz tell me how can i create base like this i my city. plz.
one of the greatest things i have ever seen in simcity4.
great work dude.

Share this comment