• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Nouadhibou, The Oasis City (Part 2)

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
_marsh_

bannercgs.jpg

Welcome to part 2, and also this MD's first entry as a Best Seller! If your wondering howmany parts this will be... I dont know. I am trying to showcase all of the main city tile of the city, and theres alot. there will definitly be a 3rd part, but i want to try not to make it into 4. So... enjoy  Smiley

As you can se Ive got some more built.     Grin

87416574.jpg

On the western side of central Nouadhibou, there is a small section known as "Little Europe". It is named for the large amount of European immigrants, who have moved to the shores of Nouadhibou in the past 5-10 years. A change in architecture is previlent along the main road through the area, and also around "Triangle Park". The area lies just south of the Lahqa Mosque, which is some of the europeans actual religion.

img0014t.jpg

40949322.jpg

The Pofedder Pilliar Is an ancient Historical Landmark of the city. Its been standing for over 2,000 years, but people are worried, as it may soon be consumed by the sea.

Every year erosion tears away at the coastline, and the strip of sand seperating it from the pillar, grows narower. This historical structure, may not survive, even as long as 5 years.

img0018q.jpg

44017245.jpg

img0019ms.jpg

img0026cm.jpg

img0027cr.jpg

Near the beach some condo's are for sale. These are some of the newest buildings in the city and have amazing ocean front veiws. Prices start at 250,000 amarican dollars for a 1st floor one bedroom. There is some other housing along the beach, but they are bland and crowded.

img0024o.jpg

img0025c.jpg

img0041f.jpg

img0040nl.jpg

img0039i.jpg

More twords the eastern portion of the peninsula, there is a small busness district. The Silom Palace Hotel is the "main building" of the area, but many people call it home, as well as work.

img0034j.jpg

img0028o.jpg

59384357.jpg

img0031mu.jpg

img0032l.jpg

This concludes part 2! 

38.gif

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

17 Comments

This is so amazing!!! I'm trying to make a realistic region like yours, but when I reach 15,000 pop, I stop and start again...

Share this comment

A wow entry! This is interesting, because the city itself is ugly and i don't want to live there. But as a piece of SC4 (art-, one has to say) work it is amazing. everything fits in the context. Well done.

Share this comment

Pitito: Don't worry, you will get there eventualy.  Im almost at 300,000

wwetom 1: Thank you very much

Sky Guy: lol, thanks

panthersimcity4: Thanks alot  Unfortianatly the people on the SC4D picture cometiton didnt like the pillar.

The Duke: Thanks

n_wilson: You wouldnt want to live in my ity?  JK  Thank you n'

Guibanez_: Thank you

DCMetro14: Thanks!

lucasey: lol, thank you

Plane-Crash12000: Thanks  I dont know what you mean... the sand bar is terraformed land. However i got alot of my beach stuff from "Heblem"

Mr G 2.0.1: Impatient we are...... its only been a few days

Adrianor: Thanks!

Share this comment

Great update. I do strongly suggest that you space the pictures apart as it's hard to tell whether it's supposed to be a mosiac or 2 diff photos.

Share this comment