• Views

Rock Springs snowstorm

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CTMandR

Replies_2.jpg

TowerDude: Thanks for commenting!

Maraus: Thanks!

TekindusT: Haha, splendid Idea, I’ll have some green to contrast your grey.

HotChocolate: Thanks for commenting! By the way, Hot Cocoa is great, wakes me up in the morning

Samerton: Thanks for commenting!

JGellock: Wonderful! I’m a very big rail fan myself, so playing around with rails in SimCity is among my favorite things to do.

K50dude: I’ll try to make a wallpaper outta it, might become mine as well!

DCMetro34: Thanks for commenting!

Canadiansim: Thanks for commenting! The STR is an add-on to the NAM, and it can be found on the STEX or LEX.

ImVhOzzi: Thanks for commenting! I have, however Civil Engineering and Urban Planning are tops for me.

Zulu2065: Thanks for commenting!

Simcitymasterman: The BrookStone Region is sort of stuck in limbo, as far as I’m concerned. It was a small region to begin with, and it seems its maxed out its growth. So for the time being, I will not be showcasing any more of The BrookStone Region, as there is simply nothing else I can show about it. However, I am working on a brand-new region, which is much, much larger, so once I introduce that it will take over as my main CJ. Hopefully you will like the new one!

HalifaxBanner_2.jpg

For this update, I’m going to experiment a little with snow (In the middle of August? How could you!) Since Tom has climbed to the top of a mountain, I felt it fitting to add a snow-capped town, and to try and use a little photoshopping skill. Unfortunately, I don’t think the snow came out great.

Tom dozed off in the train, and was harshly awoken by the train sounding that it had come to a stop. Tom glanced out the window, and was completely shocked.

Update12_0000.jpg

Everything was snow-covered! There seemed to be a small snowstorm too.

Update12_0001.jpg

The train stopped at the only station for the town, Tom walked out and saw the name “Rock Springs Station”, indicating that this was Rock Springs. It didn’t seem like the place had much going for it.

Update12_0002.jpg

Rock Springs is a coal mine town, where about 95% of the population work at the local coal mine. Over time, and with no economical way to get rid of it, Coal tailings piled up, leaving the town with an unsightly pile of coal that turned all the surrounding snow black

Update12_0003.jpg

The mining operation was immediately adjacent to the tailings pile, and had a few surrounding businesses. Much of the coal was shipped out by train, or used to power the town. Tom was getting cold, as snow was something unexpected for him, he started going towards a less industrial part of the town in hopes of finding a place to stay.

Update12_0004.jpg

Tom passed by main street, there were hardly any shops, and a small church. Soon though, a local asked if Tom needed some help, and offered up a place to stay, which Tom gladly accepted.

Update12_0005.jpg

The local explained that there was in fact a nearby airport, which could take Tom home. The airport was dead south of Rock Springs. Tom was ecstatic! He could finally make his way home, if he could find the money…

That’s all for this update! If you have any suggestions on how Tom could get an airline ticket home…do say!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

14 Comments

Love the snow effects! I couldn't do that. (Because I don't have photoshop. )
BTW: Hot cocoa certainly also wakes me up, I'm drinking it right now.

Share this comment

great work in creating the snow effects! :D it's beautiful. Feels like it's going to be a harsh and cold winter.

Share this comment

What a lovely update! It's always cool to see some snow updates, specially when it's Summer in real life... In addition, you've made very well the snow effects! Furthermore, your usage of railroads keeps getting better update after update, in my opinion, the fourth pic is one of the best ever seen on this CJ.

Share this comment

Awesome mining town. Everyone said it already, but I have to compliment you on your use of effects. Also the street layout really looks like a small town.

Share this comment

The photoshopping helps so much with the snow effect! I don't like snow effects usually either but you did a great job with them well done!

Share this comment

WOW! I just read this entire CJ and it is amazing!!! keep up the great work!
For getting an airline ticket, what if he shoveled snow for people, and got a little money, and got a really cheap flight.

Share this comment

The snow looks a little unique, but then again, you journals are unique too. Nice update CTM!

Share this comment