• Comments
  • Views

The Comprehensive Transit Plan [Part #1]

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
evertonforever1

750px-Flag_of_Nebraska.svg.png

"A Message From the State of Nebraska"

"Omaha City is among one of the top cities in North America for Transit service and ridership. The State of Nebraska has a great amount of pride in the achievements in engineering that counties of Douglas, Sharpy, Cass, Lancaster ,and Saunders have been able to archive in the past year.

The feats of engineering that have been archived in Thorium Power Research and Development. The power station alone powered 4.67 Million people in the first year of operation and since has powered and additional 2.89 Million people over the last year. The power of the plant will be increased over the next 7 years to power an estimated 13.5 Million people. Along with this it gives us great joy that it provides the power and revenue that is required to keep building on a already largely successful transportation network.

We are pleased to announce we are prepared to put the necessary funds toward the stimulus to help further expand the network in the state. Along with a partnership with Amtrak, The State of Nebraska will be operate a comprehensive rail service called NSTransit.

nstransitcopy.png

This transit system will operate in the counties of Douglas, Sharpy, Cass, Lancaster ,and Saunders. It will be the cheapest most flexible way to travel anywhere in the region, and fast! The stimulus will fund be a process of upgrades in many of the townships in the counties. It will aid in the reconstruction, redevelopment and rebranding. "

Words of the Governor of Nebraska, J. James Exon ~ 1996

The Comprehensive Transit Strategy

This is a comprehensive transit strategy that will improve on existing municipalities transit systems as well as construct North Americas first High Speed Rail Network. The Thorium power Plant Built, in place of the aging unhealthy Coal Plant in Plattsmouth, Nebraska(South Of Omaha) provides energy for Nebraska, Iowa, Kansas, and Illinois. This power plant enables the people of Nebraska to expand on electric transit like never before. The completion of the unit reactor #2 at the plant will enable the construction of the HSR.

Below is a map of the PTE(Power The Earth) LFTR(Liquid Fluoride Thorium Reactor).

mapo.png

For more Info On Thorium Power and how it can be good.

The new HSR will be entirely overhead electric and will travel at speeds of up to 210km/h. The average top operating speed of all the lines will be 158km/h. These 5 lines will travel throughout South-Eastern Nebraska and will be a total of 1003km of dual, over-head electric tracks. These trains will cut passenger travel times in almost half. A trip from Omaha City to Kearney will take a little more than 1h45m along the 180km of track(trip is 3h20m by car)

Other travel times:

Omaha -> Grand Island - 1h32min(2.3h by car)

Omaha -> Falls City - 1 hour(1.9h by car)

Omaha -> Dakota City - 1h10min(2 hours by car)

Here is a picture of the Three Phases to be built. There is a legend on the map.

PHASES

Thats it for today folks... You are SO lucky to get two updates in One DAY!! ;)

Tune back later for Part Two of this amazing project as We break down the specifics of the first phase. Also we will be seeing what the city of Omaha are looking to do to accommodate this HSR!!

~Wes

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

11 Comments

Wow! This CJ looks promising! And.. you're the first Everton fan I've come across on ST which makes it even better

Share this comment

Ha Samerton! Promising start, I always plan my cities on a transport network first so I am intrigued. Birmingham City FTW!

Share this comment

Thanks ALOT guys... This is it you know.

I have tried posting my work on many sites, Cyburbia, Cartographers guild, and skyskraper forums... this is the best response i have gotten from them. The more views/Replies i get the more i will post.

Thanks and like i said this is 8-9 YEARS IN THE MAKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Share this comment

evertonforever1:   As for the detailed street map of Omaha City, you should recreate this city in Cities XL, because the way the streets laid out. So, start a Cities XL city journal of Omaha City. 

I hope to see a Cities XL city journal of Omaha City!! 

Share this comment

@supercity124: Unfortunatly im not going to be using either Cities XL or Sim City 4 in this city journal. My goal is to have a unique story and method of presentation than alot of the other CJs on the site. But any one that is into urban planning, or map building will enjoy this.

I hope to sucessfully achive this via 4 different programs; MS Paint, Adobe Photoshop, Google Sketch-up, and Paint.Net. I may also be throwing some hand drawn stuff out there just to paint a better picture.

Im not a fan of cities XL.... Mabye it is just me but i found i could not get into it like simcity.

Share this comment