• Comments
  • Views

Trembling Tarmac

Sign in to follow this  
n_wilson

Logo City Journal Entry 5

Diese Seite auf German Flag ansehen.

Area under Review for City Journal Entry 5

As you all know the Department of Planning Services drafted a Land-Use Plan for the City of GRUNEN. That Plan provided for a main road for the trough traffic. You can have a look at the plan here.

Our honorable mayor pulled some strings, contacted old friends and came up with the idea to apply tarmac to that future main road. Though statistics and traffic projection showed no need for such action for the next ten years. But our honorable mayor solved this minor hindrance by simply adding a “0″ behind every figure of the projection before it was published. (Later he would argue that this was a printing error.)

Eventually tarmac was applied to the streets by “TT Trembling Tarmac Ltd”. Why they call themselfs Trembling Tarmac? Watch those trembling pictures of the tarmac works:

For all of you interested in having a closer look to the tarmac works: click on the pictures below.

Picture of the City of GRUNEN before the tarmac was applied Picture of the City of GRUNEN after the tarmac was applied

Eventually some questions remain unanswered. Why didn’t the city council invite for a bid? Why did the actual construction cost exceed the cost-projection by 67%? And why the heck do the CEO of TT Trembling Tarmac Ldt. and our honorable mayor have the same surname?

Please do comment heavilly and stay tuned for further updates!

Sign in to follow this  

3 Comments

Recommended Comments

Well done a very professinal and polished CJ so far - I hope you get many more comments!
The stories really bring it to life - I find the blatant corruption of the mayor quite hilarous. Thanks for the time and effort you have spent on this - I hope it pays off!

Share this comment

Thank you very much.

Indeed I did invest a lot of time in the development of the entries. Most of them are bilingual which takes a certain additional effort. I am glad you like my journal. I would be happy to have some more comments but more importent is to make people happy reading the journal.

I know that some people would like to see more custom content. But this city journal is all about natural development. I want to show a region that is growing after natural tendencies. I have the most fun in playing this game when I see a region growing. And I want the reader to participate in this progress and join me in looking at the beauty of growth itself - and thereby tell some hilarous short storys.

Playing after the Natural Growth principle is very time consuming. That is one reason why I am conservative with custom content (CC). I use it where necessary but otherwise I try to go along without. The region GRUNEN could be styled more scenic by using CC but the region GRUNEN is not made to look outstandingly eye-pleasing. It is made to show growth as well as all deficits a natural city or region has. I am glad that my readers respect that approach to a journal that emphasises on development. And it isn't looking too bad, isn't it? :-)

Share this comment