• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Chapter 5 - Review and Port Richard teaser

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TheOtherRick

LCCJ-TitleBar.jpg

Time for another update to keep this sucker alive. There is not a ton of new stuff in this one. Basically a review of where we are to date and a teaser of Port Richard, the second of the Tri-Cities. Lots of pictures ( 33 ). Some things you have seen before, but there are subtle differences, like sidewalks where there were none, custom content, etc. I hope you enjoy...

There are now 10 "cities" started in Lacey County. I quote cities because some are small unincorporated areas...

LC-Ch5.jpg

1. Westville - A small farming community on the western edge of Lacey County. Unincorporated with just a few hundred residents.

Westville.jpg

Westville-1.jpg

2. Rolling Acres - Another unincorporated area similar to Westville, if ya sneeze, you'll miss it.

RollingAcres-1.jpg

RollingAcres-2.jpg

RollingAcres-3.jpg

3. Valleydale - Another small community in the northwest area of the county. The Valleydale Ore Co. is the anchor of this town.

Valleydale-1.jpg

Valleydale-2.jpg

4. Julesburg - This is a full blown farming town. With just over 1,600 residents, it is the 2nd largest town in the north portion of Lacey County. They even needed to add a second traffic light.

Julesburg-2.jpg

Julesburg-1.jpg

5. Laceyville Beach - Owing it's name to the city east of here, Laceyville Beach is a tourist town on the shores of Richards Bay. Income from tourism has allowed sidewalks to be built in the shopping district along the boardwalk. Residents in town still have to deal with dirt shoulders, be they wealthy or poor...

LaceyvilleBeach-1.jpg

LaceyvilleBeach-2.jpg

LaceyvilleBeach-3.jpg

LaceyvilleBeach-4.jpg

6. Westridge - This town is an anchor to all of the outlying villages. A closer drive than Laceyville, it offers what Westville, Rolling Acres,  Valleydale, and even Julesburg cannot. Population is right around 4,800. While it roots are in farming, mining also contributes to the local economy.

Westridge-3.jpg

Westridge-2.jpg

Westridge-1.jpg

7. Lacey's Cove - Sandwiched between Laceyville and Laceyville Beach, Lacey's Cove is home to antique stores and tourist shops. There is a nautical museum and fishing pier. There are still farms to the north.

LaceysCove-4.jpg

LaceysCove-1.jpg

LaceysCove-2.jpg

LaceysCove-3.jpg

LaceysCove-5.jpg

8. Laceyville - One of the three cities that comprise the Tri-City region, Laceyville owes its existence to commercial fishing. Industry has moved in and is rapidly eclipsing fishing as the main economic base. Both contribute to the city's commercial success.

Laceyville-5.jpg

Laceyville-6.jpg

Laceyville-2.jpg

Laceyville-1.jpg

Laceyville-3.jpg

Laceyville-4.jpg

9. Port Plains (teaser) - This really is a teaser because my dumb ass forgot to take pictured of Port Plains...next update...

10. Port Richard (teaser) - Port Richard is the second of the Tri-Cities. It is a seaport and heavily industrialized city. Not nearly as pristine as the other shoreline communities, it is the economic hub of the entire county.

PortRichard-1.jpg

PortRichard-2.jpg

PortRichard-5.jpg

PortRichard-4.jpg

PortRichard-3.jpg

That concludes this update. Comments and constructive critiques please. Specifically, does anyone know how to make those dirt triangles look better along the diagonal rail in the last Laceyville picture?

Until next time...

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

3 Comments

5/5 for me. Some outstanding shots going on here. I have to say, your water-side work is some of the best I've seen in a while. You may want to pick up a train skin to add more depth to the rail system. :)

Share this comment

These Diagonal fillers should do the trick: http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=1197

You will need an account on the LEX if you don't already have one.

Share this comment