Followers 0
  • Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Restart?

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
WillR116

I'm thinking of restarting, I'm just not happy with where its going, I thank everyone for their support, but i'm just not happy how things are going. I have a few questions I want to know though from my supporters.

1. Outside of the Pacific Northwest, where could the Olympic Terrain Mod Work? 
  2. What do you think I need to do better?  I have a slope mod already, got it a few days ago after Pacific Cove.
  3. Anything Else?

Please Respond, either by PM or by comment, I'm not going to be biased, If i'm flat against something i'm flat against it, if i'm on the fence, i'm on the fence. I want peoples opinions on this stuff.

-Will

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

9 Comments

A lot of custom content man, a lot. Also, use NAM more too, complex transit systems are awesome.

First off, hit the STEX, aLEX and more.

-DC 

Share this comment

I plan on using NAM more, I plan on redoing Stone City with some Highways, I forgot that aspect and that is part of my resoning on this. Note: all of stone Island was Custom Content...

Share this comment

Use NAM, i think thats a must. Also you might consider photoshopping aswell, use GIMP it is free of gharge
Transit is important RAM/NAM/RHW..
If you're doing parks use simfox trees they are realistic as hell

Hope it helps, Cheers

Share this comment

I do all my overpasses with NAM's Road Overpasses. I have an older version of NAM and i'll probably get around to getting a new version here soon but haven't yet. I have photoshop but its giving me problems and i'll get around to fixing it soon. I agree on transit and thats a major reason i'm restarting. I'll look into the trees thank you.

-Will

Share this comment

Details go a long way with CJs. Designing and excellent transit system, or having a well-planned downtown will get you those high ratings and praise comments. You can still be creative with a minimal set of tools. Find your niche and work in it. Having a unique touch with your work can also help. 

Share this comment

For these Pacific Northwest kind of regions, CTMandR has a great City Journal, the Brookstone region. (CLICK) He also wrote a tutorial on how to make these kind of regions good in that journal (CLICK). Also, the RHW makes a HUGE difference compared to Maxis highways. You should get it. It was a good start, much better than Central Texas IMO. 

Share this comment

First, sorry, was doing some computer and yard maintainance today so I haven't been round to check back.

Reikhardt: To the best of my knowledge I have it all, i'll look into it but I can remember having the Police Station, Clinic and the Fire Station. I think I also got a school but I may be wrong, there was other stuff from it I got too, i'll see if I missed anything.

JGellock: I'm going far on the details in this one and will continue that. The premier reason I am hitting reset is because of the transit, I messed up on it definatly and that will be fixed in V2.

K50: First, and off topic, congrats on the mod position on SM, second, I am not using those exact mods but the tutorial is useful thanks, RHW does and the transit is the main reason I'm redoing. Central Texas was never a CJ? Toso Arroyo was my first CJ. Or did I forget something.

Thanks ya'll for your comments and Messages, it really is helpful and will be considered thoroughly and pardon my spelling and typo errors.

-Will

Share this comment