Bristol

Sign in to follow this  
  • Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Filler - Elevated Transport

Sign in to follow this  
Mike the Mayor

Due to the fact I have been constructing rather than picture taking these last few days, I bring a small update with a focus on elevated transport routes in the city. The ring roads are the main source of elevated movement around the city as well as the light rail service. Here are a few piccies (the next update will be bigger).

04.jpg

The Inner Ring Road

03.jpg

The beginnings of the M32 Motorway north out of Bristol as it passes through St. Werburghs

02.jpg

Temple Bridge and Junction at Old Market

01.jpg

Gloucester Avenue coming into the City Centre

Sign in to follow this  

8 Comments

Recommended Comments

Although ring roads are quite useless in SC4 because of the way the sims commute, I always try to do some for the sake of realism, I'm glad you've made one in Bristol too; and I'm really looking forward to see them in depth.

Share this comment

Good update!. I've found that the NAM does fix some of the comute problems, so a ring road does become slightly more viable (depending on city layout). Now try getting industry to use freight rail, that's the real bugger!

Share this comment

Yeah, I agree with Reikhardt...it really bothers me. Btw, I really like the first two pics, they're great!

Share this comment

Hey Reikhardt, i agree with you too. I built railways and it is always not utilised. That's why i gave up on them. But for realism, i'll still try to built them. Solving commute times were always an issue for me too. Anyhow i kinda liked the last pic best. :D

Share this comment

TekindusT: Well exactly! They are realistic whether they're used or not. Though I often find if they go through residential areas first and there are plenty of junctions, you will see more traffic on them. This is chiefly with the motorways as the elevated dual-carriageway pieces don't seem to suffer a shortage of traffic.

Reikhardt: I wouldn't know as I haven't got the most recent NAM (mainly because the renewed version no longer maintains the function of the PED Mall pieces). Though I have never had a functional freight rail system before, it's hard enough trying to get an ordinary one going lol.

Adrianor: Hey thanks. That's a common sight in Bristol, looking out of your inner city window onto the motorway. 

tigeria: Thanks! The only annoying thing is how the residential buildings actually face the elevated dual carriageway. Don't think there's any way round that.  

Share this comment