• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Chapter 7 - Stop at the Lights!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Plane-Crash12000

replies.jpg

JGellock : Wow, thanks! I think that was the best comment I've ever gotten.

Area 49 : Thanks! I'm glad you liked my, uh... farm... growing... thing... :D

spursrule14 : Thanks you!

Paulobergonci : Thanks!

Reikhardt : Thanks for the comment!

Guibanez_ : Thanks you for rating!

nicebutevil91 : Thanks! Don't worry, I'm not done with Echo Valley, it's just I'm busy with this CJ for now.

Daan300 : Thank you!

Thank you for your comments,

and feel free to ask any questions!

47818737.jpg

(Sorry about the stupid name. You'll see. )

Anyways... These past few years, Whitevale's Down Town area has been going through some major upgrades. New buildings were rising constantly and lots of new jobs were being created. In 1935, due to ever increasing traffic, 2 new traffic light sets as well as turning lanes were installed on the 2 busiest streets in Whitevale. (That's where the name came from.)

99833878.jpg

In 1937, a new post office was built in town. Hundreds of people can be seen celebrating the grand opening.

46716887.jpg

New buildings continued to rise all the time. These are the 2 newest buildings in Down Town Whitevale.

Left : North Valley Rail Services inc. Right : Marty's Market.

17009424.jpg

This is a view of Down Town Whitevale at the end of 1937.

77205904.jpg

As you've seen, Whitevale's downtown has been expanding a lot. But that's just one part of whats been happening in the soon-to-be city.

New residential areas where being built all around Whitevale.

34748389.jpg

Whitevale was expanding at such a high rate that it was running out of room to grow anymore. But a man named Ugene was kind enough to sell his land to the town for 3000 dollars. He then moved out of town and now owns a new farm.

34450045.jpg

Development started a few months later. A year after the construction began, a new neighborhood was complete.

95086852.jpg

Large companies across North America realized that Whitevale would be an ideal spot to build factories and plants because of it's increasing demand for jobs. Many new factories were built in recent years.

49550216.jpg

On August 19th 1939, Whitevale's 50th anniversary was celebrated with fireworks, music and 2 tons of cake.

(That's where the picture of the firework came from.)

57105889.jpg

This is a picture of Whitevale in 1939 as it reached a population of more that 5000 people.

93775147.jpg

Well That's it for now.

Stay tuned for more about whitevale.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

13 Comments

Hi again. I'm glad you appreciated my comment. I meant it! I'd rate this CJ 5/5 again, hands-down. I like I'm being told a story from someone whose lived in the town for years. The water-ways near the factories have some nice detail to them. Love the overhead shot of the recent developments too---but wow, that is a LOT of cake!

Share this comment

I cant wait till Whitevale hits 25k and starts getting some midrise development! This has been an excellent CJ and i am looking foward to future updates! I look up to this CJ the most right now and its saddening how updates are pretty slow here :C

Share this comment

Next to that industrial zone, How about building an airport by starting with a small airfield and as when the city grows, the airport grows into a huge international airport. When building this, I suggest you use custom airport pieces. I hope I get to see the airport so the city can grow a bit more faster. Hope to see more of the city of Whitvale.

Share this comment

Also, a harbor and a seaport next to industrial buildings will get the city going but, put the airport north of the industrial buildings.

Share this comment