• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Working on the South-West

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
beebs

redriver_ca.jpg

Welcome back, folks! Apologies for the lengthy delay, and apologies for the underwhelming update. I've been waiting for inspiration to strike, but it's sure taking its time. 30.gif I do have a few in-progress shots though! They'll be filled in eventually, of course - but I feel that I should show you guys SOMETHING. So... here goes!

henday1.jpg

Here we can see the Red Coat Trail! It is still largely under construction, although it does cover the entire southern half of the city now. The corridor is owned and managed by the province, and is in fact considered a provincial highway. Frustrating for city council who would likely have developed the ring road with all interchanges in place, rather than playing catch up as is happening today. The interchange we see here is with Rabbit Hill Road. The province has plans to construct the bridge by 2011.

henday2.jpg

And an overview shot. Being in the deep south, this area will likely take a few years to fill in fully.

terwillegardrive1.jpg

Further north and west, we have Terwillegar Drive. I still have to fill in development that should surround this, but just imagine some nice housing and cul-de-sacs for now. 3.gif The interchange we see, however, will remain as-is. The city has plans to upgrade Terwillegar Drive to a full freeway by 2040. This has been planned for since the initial construction, as you can see grading is already in place, as well as a wide median. Where the drive sits now will eventually be the on/offramps.

And...uh.. that's all folks. Check back soon for something more substantial!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

8 Comments

Looking pretty good! I like how smooth that interchange is. But one thing, using the FARHW pieces will yield a better look than snaking the S bend pieces. Also, pic3 I see a smooth curve in the wrong direction.

Share this comment

smartbyLaw: Glad you're enjoying it! :)
Blue Lightning: I use the S-Curves because they produce a sliiiightly different angle from the FARHW. :) And good call on the backwards piece.. I'll fix that up. Thanks!!
ilikehotdogsalot: Thanks, doggers!
thepokemaniac: Thank you!
nate1245: Thanks :)
BlondeTwiggy: Thanks, twigs!
DCMetro34: Thank you :)

Share this comment