• Comments
  • Views

London - 1968

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ilikehotdogsalot

nightt.jpg

LONDON - 1968

Today we're going back to 'Swinging London', a cultural era that flourished here in the 1960's. The Beatles were the band of the decade, fashion was exciting, and it was very easy to find hippies on the street. Let's take a look...

traff.jpg

Trafalgar Square in Central London is a popular hang out spot in the city center.

laaav.jpg

Mansions lining the Mall which leads up to Buckingham Palace. St. James Park is found here too.

ssssza.jpg

St. Paul's Cathedral near the City.

ppaa.jpg

The Royal Residence at Buckingham Palace.

homess.jpg

Rows of similarly styled homes were popular in the outskirts of London.

railll.jpg

One of the many rail bridges crossing the River Thames.

71665756.jpg

The Tower of London sitting at the edge of The City.

PontiacFiero84 likes this
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

21 Comments

You sure turned that Maxis T.O.L. into something special the way you put the walls and that other building around it. Beautiful job hotdogs! 

Share this comment

I just noticed but you actually switch between right and left hand drive for your cities where it is correct, or should I say right. Anyways thats just the bit of detail I noticed from just going over all your updates. Very nice work, I hope to see more, and possibly a new update on Tokyo.

Share this comment

Despite London's city center twisting streets around Trafalgar Square and St. Paul's; you've made a great job. If you can't recreate it to the milimeter, recreate it as far as possible, and you've made it again!

Share this comment

Gorgious update and outstanding work, I like it a lot! Looking very much forward to more,

lucky7

Share this comment

I switch to left hand drive whenever I have to, it's very easy; http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=3961.20 (look at smoncrie's post).

I had some stuff of London done from an older update, these landmarks took a day or two. Glad to hear you guys like it

Share this comment

Wow! Brilliant update! Looks just like London! I like the pictures with the housing estate and the Tube train on the bridge!

Share this comment

Wow! I can't beleive I haven't looked at this CJ for ages... I think I am going to spend a while looking at many of your previous updates..
The first two images I think are particularly special, but they are all very good !

Share this comment

Wow! I'm genuinely impressed, it looks amazing!
By the way, where did you get the BAT for those semi-detatched houses? looked all over the STEX, but with no luck, and would love to include them in one of my UK Middle-Class suburbs

Share this comment