• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Foul Funds Found

Sign in to follow this  
n_wilson

Banner City Journal Entry 4

Area under Review for building of rail track

This is North-Bai (Bai Nord), a village a few kilometers west of GRUNEN, with it’s famous stone mine. Since a little over 100 years stones are cut out of the granite shores here. This provided some wealth to the village best to be seen at the cobbel stone pavement of the streets.

North-Bai Stone Mine

The stone mine is rapidly expanding. The regional council wants to promote export and regional development. The obvious idea was to built means to improve the transportation capacities for the mine. And here lives the man who promissed to get that done: the mayor of GRUNEN. He lives in a john Doe like house. Why? He is one of the people!

Old house of the Mayor of SimCity 4 City Grunen

But how to pay the millions necessary to lay all the tracks?

Luckily the SimNation government provides a “Developing-Regions-Improvement-Funds”. GRUNEN’s application for funds was granted and a small, however, fine single track rail was built. Starting at the stone mine…

North-Bai stone mine freight station

…the rail crosses the dark Sukower Woods…

Impression of the single track rail mod (SC4)

…and leads over the regions first bridge. The bridge was the main point at issue in the funds application proceedings. Only the mayor’s dedicated work and insistence eventually led to the necessary federal funds being granted.

Grunen's first bridge

The rail then passes Zweifingern and ends in a little industrial district south of it. However, the station is not in optimally located as the only (pontoon) harbor is in Zweifingern and now all stones have to be carried from the station to the pontoon by truck. The idea behind the stations location was to have a better track layout for the future use as passenger rail. (A smart mayor’s idea the federal funds authorities should not learn of.)

Zweifingern freight station

After the works were finished a nitpicking officer found around one million simoleans of the federal subsidies missing. A “thorough and relentless” investigation was ordered by the mayor turning out – nothing.

To celebrate the new rail connection the mayor invited to a garden party at his new house.

Newhouse of the Mayor of SimCity 4 City Grunen

A journalist accidentally dropping by the party later maintained to know where the defrauded funds were. Do you?

The defrauded one million simoleans are hidden in one of the pictures of this entry. Can you spot it? Tell us!

Sign in to follow this  

2 Comments

Recommended Comments