• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Construction Site Report 5: Signals and a little bit of Klemmbach

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Nardo69

Hello Again!

It took some -again 21.gif- but on the one hand I am planting only trees - lamost - and on the other hand RL is ... well ...

Anyway, this is some news for you! royal is redoing his signals in HD and his mechanical signals are almost through. Time for some betatesting by Papa Nardo (and a lot of teasing 9.gif )

Basically the new HD signals are replacing the old ones just by installing them but there are some details that will require some fine tuning on existing lots - but the result is worth it!

And since I began already with fine tuning my lots AND because I got some screenies ready - how about a

Construction Site Report 5: Signals and a little bit of Klemmbach

I'll just begin with quoting with some pictures form the last report:

CS4.04

The railway station head of Heimsheim with SD signals ...

CS5.01

... and with HD signals. Is the new shunting signal not a sweat piece of candy?

CS5.02

The back site. Just look at all these fine details! 16.gif

CS4.03

The other head with the signals behind the highway bridge in SD ...

CS5.03

... and now in HD. Sweat! 

CS5.04

In Update 19 I promised to show you some picture of the village of Klemmbach as soon as I could play the game. Here we are.

The last big thing on the ToDo - List was that empty ridge and the green area between road and bridge.

CS5.05

I wanted to have a dense zone between forest and open area and this is a case for simfox's trees!

CS5.06

Forested! 16.gif Mixed woods with a slight cp dominance ...

CS5.07

View over the ridge towards the station. I deliberatly designed the area between road and railway line as a green area

CS5.08

The village of Klemmbach. The field in the left lower corner with the retaining wall was most probably the reason why I didn't took any pictures. I am still not really happy with this situation. Well, maybe later ...

CS5.09

Back to the basics, back to railways! 18.gif 

A local train is leaving towards Emmelshausen.

You don't know Emmelshausen? Well, you should - otherwise you might look in construction site report 2. 2.gif

CS5.10

Another view and a freight train shows the entry signal with the pre exit signal. An important change is that the pre exit sign is now a separated prop and no more included in the pre signal prop. This means you need to fix all lots with pre signals - but it's worth the effort!

Again a quote from a previous update

Pic 19.5a

The entry signal of Klemmbach and the pre entry signal of Neurod in SD ...

CS5.11

... and in HD. You can see clearly the pre entry sign as a separated prop. And you can see why it was invented as a standart pre signal in "expect approach" was hard to see IRL.

CS5.12

The exit signal of Neurod with the entry pre signal of Klemmbach. The pre signal with semaphore showing "approach expected" is missing in SD set!

CS5.13

The other exit signal of Neurod. With these signals Zoom level 6 is really fun! And - if you want a teaser of what's to come, have a look at the "Show us your railways" - thread!

Have fun! 

Bernhard  

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

3 Comments

Wow, great landscaping and great attention to detail with the railways! I'm not very knowledgeable of trains and railways, but I trust you when you say these signals are correct

Share this comment

an excellent rural CJ! details are incredible, i like how you incorportated hills into the town. i especially like the retaining walls and the bridge!

Share this comment

@Reikhardt: Thanks for the compliment! 
Well, I am watching trains and anything that is related to them, I do know the signal rules (at least for the older systems) and I am a civil engineer, so yes, I guess you can trust me in railway designs ... 
About the landscaping: From my very beginning I was into hilly rural design (as one of the first if not the first) - maybe because I am child of the hills ... 

@the00guvna: Thanks for the compliment! 
Actually I designed that map for having a realistic background for such a bridge ...

Share this comment