• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Old Market

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mike the Mayor

WEATHERCHART.jpg

Tuesday 17th August: Max (36C) / Min (24C)

Things have really hotted up in Bristol as the mercury soared to a whapping 36.2C here in Bristol and the mercury fell no lower than 24C overnight, making for a stifling night of sleep in the city. The blistering sunshine made for a rather lethargic day across the city with fans blowing and windows shut to keep the heat OUT! The main activity in the city today was that of traffic at either end of the day. We take a look at the Old Market district of the city which centralises itself around Old Market Street, a long and often busy avenue between Bristol Temple Meads and the Inner City Ring Road. The area is characterised by expensive-looking but very reasonable 18th and 19th Century buildings with offices to let, retail and residential all bunched into one. The district earns its name, appropriately, from the old market that used to exist during the Tudor era at the now-existent bottom of the bridge (shown in the bottom picture), now a busy junction with the one remaining Tudor building - Ye Olde Market Inn.

Keep cool guys!

04.jpg

06.jpg

05.jpg

07.jpg

02.jpg

01.jpg

08.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

5 Comments

Greekman: Many thanks my friend!

TekindusT: Thanks mate, I find it makes corners look more realistic, an idea I picked up from the crossroads buildings in the Eixample area of Barcelona.

Share this comment

PHEW! I wish i were in Bristol - no such scorcher up here in the soggy North. RAIN RAIN RAIN great British Sumer eh? Lovely city reminds of Paris superb detail well done!

Share this comment

hammamet272: Hehe, ye it's certainly not that hot down here, try 26C instead of 36C though the weather is about to break, probably tomorrow or Monday and autumn could arrive proper like it already has done in the north.

Share this comment