Sign in to follow this  
  • Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

A tour through East Port

Sign in to follow this  
Retep Molinari

A few readers have requested a tour through East Port, and I have not forgotten. Please enjoy!

East Port is located to the north-east of Balboa City, and due east from Taraville. It has about 410,000 residents.

For full resolution on all pics: Right click image + "View image." Very worth it!!

See how many of the landmarks in this post your can spot in this city-wide view!

eastportaug131161282014.png

City Hall was built in the 1950s, before downtown was very large at all.

eastportsep811612820136.png

The heart of downtown East Port. The city has a strong automobile culture, though the city's first elevated rail line--built in the 1950s--passes through in this photo. The sports arena is also shown.

eastportsep191161282013.png

A second elevated rail line--as well as  a few subway lines--were built between 1978-1985. This particular station was built in 1981 and renovated in 1998.

eastportsep131161282015.png

A good school, though the trams can get a bit noisy. These trains cross the river underground and travel to either Mario City or Hilltop.

eastportaug311161282013.png

The tram plaza helped congestion in this intersection. The original line was built in 1923.

eastportdec311612820139.png

An automobile culture meets professional football and soccer. East Port's largest venue is also Balboa's largest football/soccer stadium and hosts the Syldav Island-wide championships each year. Nevertheless, the expansive parking lots are the constant talk of redesign, due to the amount of land they consume. Check back to the first picture to see how much space it really takes up!

eastportdec411612820140.png

The East Port College for the Industrial Trades is a respected business and industrial university.

eastportsep241161282013.png

Right across the lake from the University are the fair grounds.

eastportsep271161282013.png

Mario City, located across the river, leased this former waste dump and turned it into a world-class sports facility.

eastportsep141161282013.png

Hope you all enjoyed the update!

Sign in to follow this  

4 Comments

Recommended Comments

I did take my some time to find the landmarks, but I did in the end. Great job on this entry, especially the city-wide view is very nice! Can I ask you where you got the glass roofed buildings in the final picture? Thanks very much! 

Share this comment

I cannot believe I missed this!! Very quality work going on. I like all the recreational activities this city offers: stadiums, parks, and entertainment. With an EXCELLENT transit system to get you there(both El and tram to boot! Woot!).

True there is some abandonment, but perhaps there is a story behind it. Who knows? Buildings are constantly changing ownership in big cities.

Your comments on the stadium smell of another urban-renewal project that we have come to know and love from this CJ.

Share this comment

Daan300: Thanks for the kind comments! The glass buildings are on the STEX. Maybe search for "lofts" and "glass." Let me know if you need more help finding them! Good luck!

TekindusT: There is some abandonment, but some cities do face that! If you're following all my CJs, you know that all of Syldav Island is about to have some serious redevelopment! East Port will be included, so saty tuned! 

JGellock: You're right to suspect that the stadium's land is in play. I really haven't decided what I want to do, however. Let me sit on that for a month (year?).

And of course there is a story behind it!

Share this comment