• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Heatwave!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mike the Mayor

HEATWAVE.jpg

Monday 16th August: Max (33C) / Min (19C)

Here we are in the second half of August and most of Great Britain is on heatwave alert! This extract was picked from the BBC News Website warning of the high temperatures. As such, we take a look at Bristol today on a hot and sultry afternoon where the temperature soared to 33.4C at the Bristol Weather Centre. We concentrate on the parks which offer welcome relief and shade from the high temperatures.

02.jpg

01.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

06.jpg

05.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

8 Comments

Very nice! It does look very warm on the pictures. Like your choice of buildings, they complement each other very well.

Share this comment

TekindusT: Haha, thanks mate! Well absolutely, though I think the heat has finally broken there as low pressure has brought the first proper rain in a while. I'm making it realistic to Bristol, UK which would find 33C rather hot, and higher temperatures more unpleasant, especially as this country is quite humid.

Reikhardt:
 Thanks mate. Whereabouts are you from? The weather is generally alright down here with warm sunny days interspersed with the odd wet or thundery day. 

DCMetro34: That's very generous of you! Thank you muchly. 

Daan300: Why thank you, I'm glad you like the combination of buildings and don't find them too clashing.

Share this comment

@Mike the Mayor: Not far away actually, up in Worcester and you are right, its not really been that bad, but the rain has spoiled the summer somewhat!

Share this comment

Reikhardt: Ah ok, not far at all then. Went to Worcester as part of a school project to study flooding and its effects on the city. Quite impressive levels of water shown on that wall on the riverfront. Fortunately Bristol hasn't had quite the problem. But yes, the amounts of rain we get at a time are annoying, though I suppose considering by July all the grass was completely dry, we may not have any left if it weren't for the rain lol. 

Share this comment