• Comments
  • Views

Update 7: Pacific Cove (Finally!)

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
WillR116

repliesbanner.jpg

DC- Thanks :)

Coolsim- The super 8 and Red Roof Inn, the super 8 is on a few sites and I got it and almost all of my SG stuff on SC4 devotion.

Shyguy- Expect Arnon County around update 15-20, I am kinda jumping around though so who knows, I know where I plan to go in the next 1-3 updates and a few certain updates down the road, ie. the Regional Flags update, The New Years update and Christmas updates (it will be christmas, not to turn away anyone because of anything religious but its the stoneish holiday mostly :)) and the Football Updates for the stoneish cup and the Counties Cup Finals/

Pacific Cove

This is a multi tile county so map :)

countymap.jpg

The county seat of Pacific Cove is St. Vincent in the north, home of...

stvincentschurch.jpg

St. Vincent's Church :)

We can't go into our rural communities without looking at the High School Football so I present St. Vincent's High School, home of the Tigers....

stvincentshighschool.jpg

(note, we'll see more HS Football later :) )

SVHS is also home of the St. Vincent Angels SFA Cup League Squad.

Those who visit and or live in Pacific Cove and St. Vincent in particular will know Birch's Corner, home of Birch's Resteraunt, Birch's Mini Mart and Birch's Farm.

birchscorner.jpg

St. Vincent's is also home to the Elkvale Motors Factory. Elkvale Motors was founded by a group of Elkvale citizens who felt that current cars did not meet their needs so they decided to build some of their own cars, soon other citizens wanted these cars and eventually the company boomed and currently has multiple entities across the nation including the Elkvale Brand of Cars producing numerous models and Elkvale Motors F.C. in Harbor City. The company is headquarterd in Stone City and produces its car out of this factory.

elkvalemotorsfactorstvi.jpg

Now we move on out of St. Vincent and we leave you with this shot.

stvincents.jpg

And we go south to... Southern Cove :D

Southern Cove is acutually a district and village in the district along with Pacific Village and Inland Corner. First we'll begin with the High School (told ya we wern't finished with...) and FOOTBALL!!!! Pacific Village- Southern Cove High School is located on Acadamy Road between the two villages. Unlike most of our HS's visited so far, PVSCHS is not home to a professional soccer/football club and if you look at the field you'll see why :).

southerncovepacificvill.jpg

One of the major points of note in Southern Cove is the Grocers rivalry...

in 1903, Allan Harper opened a Kroger Store on Main Street in the town of Southern Cove, in 1925 another man, Richard "Rick" James opened another grocer next door, a  Piggly Wiggly. The two soon developed a rivalry which escalated to various tactics to steer customers to their store, or atleast away from the competitor. In 1937 the Pacific Cove County Government imposed restrictions to stop their foolish antics. The rivalry has slowed but the two factions still refuse to change alliances to this day. They would rather head to St. Vincents ten miles away than go to the other grocer.

grocersrivalry.jpg

Next to Southern Cove is Pacific Village...

pacificvillage.jpg

And thats most of what you'll see here in town, lets head on back to the hotel, right?

southcoveinterchange.jpg

That about does it for this trek through Pacific Cove, we will leave you with three things, first, a region shot:

regionshot.jpg

second, I will invite you to experiance the Stoneish Football League System, i'll follow up on this at later points but looky if you likey :D It explains the SFA's system and includes a map :D

http://www.simtropolis.com/cityjournals/?p=view&id=1765&page=8

and finally, we will finally visit the Stone Republic's third city, Harbor City, the Stoneish Beach town but also home of the second largest Stoneish Stadium, City Stadium (50,000).

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

4 Comments

Coming along nicely now! If I can make one  suggestion, you might like to try one of the various slope mods as the bridge ramps look very steep.

Share this comment

Thanks, I just posted the latest update and missed your comment in my replies since I was doing that at the time, sorry, so i'll get you direclty,

Shyguy- Thanks, its basically a small town version of Ford.v. GM in america, not as bad as austrailia (Holden.v. Ford) but people would rather  travel all the way to St. Vincents or even Arnon for their groceries than go to the other grocer. What I said to DC in the replys of Update 8 goes for you too, I need to fix some terraforming in the center.

-Will

Share this comment