• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Omaha City - Council Bluffs: An Intro Into the Project

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
evertonforever1

I will introduce this project first...

When I was about Twelve years old I had an obsession with Sim City 4, and Map Art City Maps. Due to the lack of realism in SC4, my obsession of looking a Map Art maps, and a bountiful amount of free time I started drawing a town(in the classic map art style) on Microsoft paint.

I started with a small pallet and expanded the edges again and again. I made improvements to the city and expanded it over time. It came time for me to name it. I looked at the North-South river and picked a few cities that look similar in geography. I picked the name out of a hat and that was Omaha City/Council Bluffs, Nebraska. Lol

I didn't know anything about the city at the time so i said, hey why not and continued drawing... but i kept nothing the same as the REAL Omaha. I kept drawing and drawing.... and drawing... for about 8 whole years HAHAHA

I have taken away the map off the intro page. It has been split into three separate maps; Omaha City, Council Bluffs, and Plattsmouth. I will not be showing the full maps until I am finished making major changes. I will be breaking down the Transportation of the city, as well as taking a look at some key industries and suburbs.

So sit tight and wait for some new transit maps and the next few updates.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

13 Comments

WillG_75: Yeah... im from canada so that is probably why.

I drew it as if Omaha City had some relief in the form of foot hills on the westren par of the city... then the rest is all flat plains... like the real omaha!

Share this comment

I'm especially impressed at the dedication it takes to work on a single project for years on end. Kudos! 

Share this comment

This map is beautiful, something I've dream of for a long time whithout being capable of doing it. The only thing I would say is about the Airport... Most of the International Airport have 4 or 5 runaways. 9 runaways in 1 Airport doesn't seem very realistic. Anyway, that's not a big deal and it's still amazing to see such a beautiful map 

Share this comment

Cornoosh; Yeah is is a bitt big, but keep in mind two runways are private business runways(fedex, UPS, USPS, DHL) then there are two International Terminals, and a Domestic terminal. Im not an airoport designer... i just sort of drew it one day lol

Thanks for the imput! greatly appriciated.

Share this comment