Hong Kong 1.0

• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Hong Kong Victoria Park

Sign in to follow this  
TowerDude

cjheaderhk2.jpg

I would like to thank all the ones that followed this CJ, making it enter "ben top 10" at 6th position29.gif

Victoria Park

Victoria park is a public park in Hong Kong named after Queen Victoria. It is located on Causeway Bay.

Originally this park was a typhoon shelter. In the 50's it became a park, and the shelter was moved up north.

victoriaharbour29aug307.png

As you can see it features a statue of Queen Victoria. ans many sports grounds around.

It also feature pools made for reflection and meditation

victoriaharbour21aug307.png

victoriaharbour3dec2981.png

victoriaharbour5feb2931.png

victoriaharbour5jan2991.png

victoriaharbour9mar2931.png

victoriaharbour20jan293.png

Events in victoria Park

Political gatherings

On June the 4th every year is held a gathering to commmemorate the 1989 Tiananmen Square Breakdown.

the park is also used throughout the year for differrent demonstrations

City Forum

Broadcasted by RTHK (Radio Television Hong Kong) the City Forum attracts intellectuals from all over the country, usually held in the park every Sunday. It brings together politicians, academics and prominent public figures to discuss current public issues.

Lunar New Year Fair

Every year hundreds of people come and attend the Lunar New Year Fair. Thr crowds stay until late at night to celebrate.

Hong kong Flower show

It is held every march by the LCSD, it attract nature and Feng Shui lovers from the whole region

As the day goes on in Hong Kong a light drizzles already makes locals fear something worse

typhoonteaser10.gif

Join me tommorow for the other weekly update, you already have a hint on what it will be on 2.gif

NEW FEATURE!! a revolvermap

This is a feature already used on schulmania. Now i don't want to imitate schulmania, I put a revolvermap because I want to see from where people follow my CJ

free counters

Sign in to follow this  

15 Comments

Recommended Comments

Yeah the map lies i don't live in Bournemouth but the town next door but oh well i like the park but i think that all the football fields look a bit out of place and i like the rain effect

Share this comment

What trees do you find work best for recreating Hong Kong?  Also is this actually a functioning city or is it mostly a static plobbable city?  I always have trouble getting my recreations of cities to actually function.  This is a great CJ.  Keep up the good work!

Share this comment

@eugenelavery I used CPT assorters, but half way through i started using simfox's trees, which are better. and the city is fully functionning

Share this comment

Your city is geting bettwer with evry update :) Your trees are great, hope you will share name of them :)
Cheers and have fun working with your city :)

Share this comment