• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Chapter 6 - The New Beginning (Region View Included)

Plane-Crash12000

replies.jpg

Mithockey : Thank you! I dont think i'd wanna live in my city now cause SC4 didn't exist in the 1930s lol.

reaper88 : Thanks!

dave8000000 : Thank you!

nate1245 : Thanks! I will.

Treason04 : Thanks! It usually takes me hours to do only a little part of the city lol.

Thomaskrule : Thanks!

supercity124 : Thanks alot for the ideas! You might see some of that stuff in future updates. :)

Area49 : Well, I guess I was too lazy to think of a different name. But no these are 2 completely different cities.

_marsh_ : It's growing very fast indeed. :)

nate124 : The new update is happening right now. Sorry for the long wait.

Thanks you guys for your comments!

Hi people! I am terribly sorry for the long delay in updates this summer. The reason I haven"t been around is because my computer crashed and I never really took the time to fix my computer. But now i'm back!

Today, I have a very large update to make up for the lost time. Enjoy!

56751292.jpg

The year is 1931. The town of Whitevale was doing very well. Growing extremely fast as usual. So fast in-fact, that commercial demand was higher than ever and new shops were being built in the downtown area. In 1931, 4 new buildings were added in Down Town Whitevale. 

32541502.jpg

In the spring months of 1932, a new subdivision was being developed southwest of town. New houses were being built on what used to be Keneth's old cow pasture. Keneth now lives about 5 kilometers outside of Whitevale. (See Chapter 2 for more about Keneth)

48006671.jpg

A few months later, a bran new subdivision was completed and residents were ready to move in.

42453920.jpg

Southeast of Whitevale, on the shore of Burton Lake. A new industrial complex was built to handle all the goods being imported and exported from Whitevale. The complex was built towards the end of 1932.

33935310.jpg

Here is a picture of a train heading west out of Whitevale.

55142920.jpg

North of the town, agriculture development was at an all time high. Here is a animated picture displaying the growth of farms from 1930 to 1936 around Whitevale. (This is my first ever animated GIF image. (It ain't the prettiest but it works.)

picture1nr.gif

In the fall of 1935, disaster strikes in the farm land! A man named Rob was working around his horse farm when suddenly, his horses broke out of the barn and ran into the streets. Rob's friends came to help shortly after and managed to collect all the horses. Now Rob has installed better locks on the barn doors.

97844038.jpg

Tim Plane, the mayor of whitevale was looking to get out of the city life once and a while. So he built a cottage just on the south shore of the Silver Lake about 10 kilometers from Whitevale. 

44537962.jpg

Tim likes to take his hand made boat and paddle away to the nearby Heart Island he name himself because it is shaped like a heart.

18874600.jpg

A nice little canal was built at this cow farm to supply water from a nearby lake. (I used the new PEG SPIC canals.)

52391802.jpg

Now, the moment you've all been waiting for. Behold the Region View of Whitevale!

71452940.jpg

New updates will be coming shortly. Exept if my computer dies again.

I now have 6 entries wich means you can now rate my CJ.

Well, that's it for now! Stay tuned for more about Whitevale.

9 Comments

Recommended Comments

I suppose I was the first to rate the CJ. 5/5 for me. Outstanding work here. Multiple shots, multiple zooms, and great quality with the pictures. The sepia usage gives it a true old feel. I also like the progression taking place. And the best part imho, is the rail. Some really well-thought out planning and the str gives it a early-way-to-get-around early US feel. My final though is the region shot in this entry. Beautiful. The windy river and the lake, the farms, it all works together nicely. :)

Share this comment

I'll echo the above comments, the region view is spectacular and the animated gif is a great idea. Very interested in how this CJ develops.

Share this comment