• Views

Cairo - City Center & Giza

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ilikehotdogsalot

banneruuk.jpg

CAIRO

CITY CENTER & GIZA

Cairo is the largest city in Africa and the capital of Egypt. It sits on the Nile River and is home to about 17 million residents. Founded in 969 AD, Cairo has remained the center of Egypt. The city has a desert climate so it's most enjoyable during the winter months. Just ouside the city sits Giza, the site of the Great Pyramids and Sphinx. Beyond that is endless desert.

mosqu.jpg

Alabaster Mosque is situated in the Citadel of Cairo and looks over the city.

shipp.jpg

A ship passes a green oasis sitting on the Nile River.

weirdns.jpg

Densely populated section of Cairo where towers sit next to lowrise buildings.

pyramidc.jpg

The Giza Necropolis is home to the Great Pyramids. Here's one of the 3 pyramids.

newjy.jpg

Residential towers rise on the shores of the Nile River.

desertln.jpg

If you're feeling adventurous , off-roading in the sand dunes is a popular activity with tourists.

sphinxxx.jpg

The Sphinx in Giza, a mythological creature with a feline body and a human head.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

12 Comments

Where did you get the mosques, they look beautiful, along with the rest of this entry. Exceptional job as always hot dogs!

Share this comment

the blocks of old stone around the pyramids and giza are a nice touch, I might have selected a different water mod though, looks like the north atlantic :P

Share this comment

NICE! 

maybe a detroit entry will pop up? ( hey, well it did used to be a major city at once, lolz)

i love the  Spinx and the stone blocks sitting next to it, it made me feel as if i was there 

Share this comment

When somebody asks me where I've been this vacation I'll say: Cairo, Auckland, Portland, Rio de Janeiro, Hong Kong, Chicago...

Share this comment