• Moose
  • Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

A ride on the 1 Train

Skimbo

Replies:

@TekindusT: Thank you 1.gif and no, the fairway grass does not come with the golf pack, because the golf pack does not exist, I've lotted the holes for my own use. I think this grass was in one of the BSC texture packs, but please don't ask me which one....

@crushedcar: thank you 1.gif

@K50: Thank you too, nice that u like it!

@DC: try it, it's not as hard as it looks like!

@Timmystwin: Thank you :)

@CIUU96: Thank you, and your long awaited train update begins below thr replies 2.gif

@Monay: Thank you too.

Update 19

Heyho and welcome to the nineteenth update of this MD. Today I will introduce you to LCRT line 1, connecting the industrial district of Dà Nàng  with the small suburban city Fengbào yánchéng.

Here we see the station Haigang, translated: seaport. The small industrial harbour of Dà Nàng is located to it's left (you may see some buildings of it) Due the single track it's not possible to provide a full service.

u1901.jpg

This is Dà Nàng gongyè station, every train that uses the left platform is able to move to Haigang, every train that uses the right platform is only able to change direction to Lòng Chèng again or to head into the small rolling stock depot at the end of the dual track....

Due the fact that a single track limits the number of trains that pass the next section it's only possible to provide a service every ten minutes during rush hour. Half of the rush hour trains do not head until this station.

u1902.jpg

This image shows a short train (only 5 wagons) between Dà Nàng gongyè and it's next stop Sha wo.

u1903.jpg

Sha wo is a small village along the tracks, it has been founded as a hometown for industrial workers during the colonial times.....

u1904.jpg

You may remember this section of the track from a former update focused on Dà nàng....

u1905.jpg

This picture of an extra long train headding north along the A2 must have been taken during rush hour, LCRT has already made most of the platforms longer but still needs to update some....

u1906.jpg

This image shows the station Dong Dà Nàng, from now on full service during the rush hour is provided too. During RH every second train ends up here, the two platforms have to be a temporary solution, if something goes wrong all trains are too late. But it's actually not the most critical point of the line 1.

u1907.jpg

This actually is the most critical point of the line, you might say okay, it's another about 560 meters long single tracked section.... I would be a liar if I would say that's not true. But here you've got to see another aspect: Here is full service provided during rush hour, that means every 2.5 minutes a train from the opposite direction! Than there also exists a railroad crossing, open for about a minute after the last train has passed it.

u1908.jpg

Short after passing the single track section the trains pass the city boarder and reach Lóng shanlù. It's about 300 meters walking distance to a station of the line U1, too far to be told intercharge station...

u1909.jpg

One of the few rail road crossings of Lònghù. (there actually are 4 in the entire city, number may change in the future)

u19091.jpg

Zhongyang chezhàn, you might already know this station, here the line 1 meets the lines 2 (Update16) and the line 6(which will follow the line 1 for a couple of stations). Exchange to the line U2 and the interregional Shinkansen line is provided as well. During the rush hour each one of the two platforms has to handle a busy train every 2,5 minutes...

u19092.jpg

Here you can see the station Zhuyào dàolù, it's more like a stressless stop than a busy station(Asian definition of stressless) It's located along the 6 laned main road, and named after it.

u19093.jpg

A train heading to it's next stop, An dé la lù.

u19094.jpg

An dé la lù is a funny station, one half is already renovated, the other one not.

u19095.jpg

Somewhere between An dé la lù and Sìmiào...

u19096b.jpg

Again^^ but this time we can see the split of the lines 1 and 6 on the left side....

u19096.jpg

This actually is the line triangle, here we can see a train of the line 1 (left) waiting for a train of the line 4 or 5 to pass....

u19097.jpg

Sìmiào ("temple") is another large intercharge station, during rush hour the two platforms are as busy as at Zhongyang chezhàn.

u19098.jpg

And from another side....

u19098b.jpg

A train of the 4 or 5 line heads to our last visited station...

u19099.jpg

A short time after the 4 and 5 line left again the line 1 meets another couple of tracks, but these are only used in early morning and late evening hours to bring the trains to and get 'em from the depot.

u190991.jpg

A small Marina along the tracks...

u190991b.jpg

A train entering Jiù yingtáo alì, line 3 joined shortly before....

u190992.jpg

Some of you may already know this station as well....

u190993.jpg

Most of you might know Chéngshì bàndao as well (13th update). here ends the full service during rush hour and during the night.

u190994.jpg

Here we see the point where the 3 line leaves the 1 line again, this time we will follow the tracks the right one of those trains came from.

u190995.jpg

This is Jia nà si lù station, from now on we will travel on a single track again...

u190996.jpg

This train passes a beautiful scenery on it's way to Hua nòng.

u190997.jpg

This actually is Hua nòng, only one station left....

u190998.jpg

Fengbào yánchéng, we can't go any further than this, at least not by train because line 1 ends here.

Ad that's also the location where I will take pictures for the next update. Than I will show you why this place is called "Stormy Rock"

u190999.jpg

Of course, I've made a linemap again, here you go:

u1909991.jpg

u1909992.jpg

u1909993.jpg

I hope you've enjoyed this update

Comments and critics are always very welcome

Greetings from Lònghù, Skimbo Smiley

nextup.jpg

10 Comments

I've loved your variety of stations, I've loved your HD trains, I've loved your city layout, I've loved your maps... Am I missing something? Ah, the realism of your towns!

Share this comment

Another magnificent update!

I really love the stations and your train skin, awesome job!

-DC 

Share this comment

wow im impressed! rail looks such beautiful, most i like a station with Shinkansen on top platform :)

Share this comment

fantastic, absolutely stunning, I love your trains.

I would love to know where you got that elevated train station though, the one with the glass roof (blueish color)

Share this comment

This City Journal entry is now closed to further comments.