• Moose

Bristol

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
  • Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

11 Comments

I love British CJ's... we don't have enough of them. When I drive down south to Devon, we have to pass through Bristol by the airport. I know this CJ is fictional, but is there areas of Bristol like this? I haven't been into Bristol.

This CJ is brilliant. I'm subscribing to the feed straight away =)

Share this comment

Great to see you having another CJ! I must say this is great work and i love the tree lined streets and market places. I think you should get a better automota modd so there can be more cars on the road

Share this comment

It looks very good, but looks more like a hybrid of many other British, and European cities, than Bristol. But who am i to talk? i've never been to Bristol; hell, i've barely been out of North Yorkshire!

Share this comment

CTMandR: Thanks mate, yes I like them too. They're an essential too a pedestrian-friendly city and I've heard that with more recent NAM updates, these PED Mall tiles are no longer functional as 'road connection'. But I see more use in pedestrianised streets than say larger roundabouts and Bristol has enough of these streets.

TekindusT: Yes, the market is inspired by the continental market that always sets itself up during the Bristol Harbour Festival (in real life). Have a look here, this is my photothread on another forum of Bristol: www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php

Samerton: Thanks very much mate, I guess you take the A38 down right? There are areas like this in Bristol but where here I've concentrated them into one place, in real Bristol they're strung all over the city with modern stuff in between (other than the old city area itself). Again, here's a link to the photothread I have on skyscrapercity: www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php

GreekMan: Thanks a lot! Yes, normally traffic isn't a problem as you'll see in many other pictures, just sometimes I pick the wrong moment to portray a busy city. Also, it depends on the occupation of the area. The Old City which I've shown so far is mainly consisting of commercial, civic and landmark buildings with pedestrianised areas whereas forthcoming areas are transition zones from residential to commerical therefore having a much higher traffic quota.

YorkshireLlama: No, that's fine, do speak your mind. It certainly is quite different to Bristol but in some ways that's what I like - a mix of European styles to reflect history. In real life Bristol, Byzantine architecture like that of Turkey is common but no such buildings are available on the STEX. Unfortunately I'm not good at BATting but if I was, I would probably put most of Bristol on STEX lol.

Share this comment

Amazing, as from the other pages

Do you know what is the building on the last pic that we see down left? Thanks!

Share this comment