• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Noise

Sign in to follow this  
TekindusT

Comment Replies

k50dude: Thanks for your comment, my friend! I see you've managed to get the banner on New Chandler, too... I'm using RHD, that's how we drive in Spain and that's the way I feel it natural...

dghh70: Thanks for commenting! Want more updates? Here we go...

tigeria: Thanks for your comment! In my opinion, it's nothing extraordinary...

CIUU96: Thanks for commenting! I'm sorry, I didn't understood you. You can get that subway/tram/whatever train in the VDK GLR Trains Mod Vol 3. You can only install one of them, mine is the Houston MetroRail one.

TiFlo: Thanks for your comment! According to the "city planners" and the mayor, these power lines are totally safe... Are those sparks normal?

Juju: Thank you for commenting, I'm very glad of writing your favourite CJ! I don't know if it's very realistic, but I take inspiration from many different places...

adrianor: Thank you for commenting! Who said that? Maxis buildings are OK if they don't have annoying repetitions or if they're well combined, IMO...

all: Thank you everybody! We've just hit 30,000 views!!

-----------------------------------------

banner2a.jpg

Most of Blackwater's residents have noise problems. Noise is present everywhere throughout the city, but if you pay attention, you may notice different kinds of noises.

67927706.jpg

Our first noise is the one that rusty steel makes when a train runs over it combined with the station's megaphones. Every five minutes, the same recorded voice announces an incoming train from 5:00 to 0:00.

46990508.jpg

Living besides the highway isn't much better, though. Traffic is constant all day long, and during rush hours, you can enjoy the Horn Symphony.

13566409.jpg

But by far, these residents have the worst problem. Their homes were sold at 1/4 their original price some years ago, just before the airport authority decided to expand and build a third runway. But the real estate never told them this "minor issue".

36706334.jpg

Oops! What's this pic doing here?

Sign in to follow this  

11 Comments

Recommended Comments

Really great update again, the first pic looks very realistic! And the last pic... Where is that from? :) 

Thanks for the link too :)

Share this comment

the runway is a little to close to the residents. Remove one layer of residential to create a buffer for the jetblast. or place a wall there. Still just awesome. Wonder what the ritzy areas are for

Share this comment

An airport with that big of planes looks a little unrealistic IMO, the jet blast would probably crumble those houses! The fourth picture is very confusing, it looks beautiful!  

Share this comment

You could probably build some houses even closer to the airport, and sell them for 1/8th their original price! certainly  Jet Blasts are only a 'minor' problem. Great update as usual, i'm extremely intrigued by that last photo you have there!

Share this comment

@newyorkcityrocks92: The green fences lots come with one of the four RMIP SAE volumes (don't know which one, though). To build a "good" airport you need the four volumes, so if you already have them, you can find these lots at the bottom of your parks menu.

Personal replies coming with the next update!

Share this comment