• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Reconstruction: July 31, 2010

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sumwonyuno

Hello everyone,

We have reached the one year aniversary! I'd like to humbly thank you the viewers and the fans for getting us to this milestone. :)

I have good news. First of all, I figured out how to do nightlights! I can't believe how easy it was... Second, I was able to get SimCity 4 Deluxe on Steam, and now I can view nightlights. This means I can do proper testing in the game for a BAT. Third, I was able to figure out how to make custom, non-rectangular-prism LODs, so I can actually put cars on the parking garage and decorate the rooftop lanai. These are three important steps toward the goal of release a BAT for all of you to use in your own cities. I'm sorry I couldn't have made it possible as an anniversary present on anniversary day, but it will be available sometime soon. I'll have to learn how to do a quality publish to the STEX and the LEX.

I did not have any reference night shots of Central Pacific Plaza, so I had to based it off other nighttime Honolulu building pictures and available BATs. Here is the result:

20100730_01.jpg

20100730_02.jpg

20100730_03.jpg

20100730_04.jpg

20100730_05.jpg

The next update will almost certainly be a note from me telling you all that the complete final project (BAT on a lot with props) will be available for download.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

4 Comments

Well if it's Sumwonyuno, it's absolutely normal lol

Emgmod should watch this CJ if he didn't saw it b4.

Share this comment

Sky Guy:  Thanks!  Beyond perfection is the goal.  

Blakeway:  Heh, I'm sure emgmod has seen my work, since he is the closest "neighbor" to me on these SImCity forums.  

Share this comment

Blakeway: II've been following it since the start. :P

Congratulations on the BAT! It could look perfect in any city setting.

Share this comment