• Views

Rio de Janeiro - South Zone

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ilikehotdogsalot

riis.jpg

RIO DE JANEIRO

- SOUTH ZONE

Rio de Janeiro is one of Brazil's largest city and probably its most beautiful. It's located in a beautiful stretch of land in between land and the Atlantic Ocean. Rio is known for its carnaval celebration, beautiful beaches, and unequal distribution of wealth. It was picked as a venue host for the 2014 Fifa World Cup and host of the 2016 Olympics. It also happens to be my hometown. Today we will look at Rio's most populous area: the South Zone. Most of the city's landmarks are found here.

iramos.jpg

We start off at the very southern tip of the South Zone. The two huge mountains are known as 'The Two Brothers' and hold two of Rio's favelas. The locals say they have the best view of the city.

copaq.jpg

A look at Copacabana Beach with its tiny bikinis and mosaic sidewalks. The busy Atlantic Avenue runs along the beach.

suggg.jpg

Sugarloaf Mountain in Rio's Guanabara Bay. The mountain holds cable cars that let you see a fantastic view of the city.

bbat.jpg

The Botanical Garden's row of palms in its Avenue of Royal Palms.

aaamro.jpg

Hidden in the Tijuca National Park is this waterfall, it's one of the many surprises the park offers.

chaosj.jpg

Chaos of apartment buildings in the popular Leblon District.

chhu.jpg

Christ the Redeemer is Rio's best known landmark. It's also one of the 7 New Wonders of the World.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

19 Comments

Fantastic landscape in the first shot :o . It almost looks weird in SC4, seeing mountains that are almost too scale. The little houses look like nothing!

Great update!

Share this comment

Amazing! I was impressed by the way you handled the Hong Kong BAT's and managed to keep the city looking Brazilian

Share this comment

I'm pretty certain you must have put a lot of work into your own hometown.     The zoomed out view is amazing!

Share this comment