• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Prologue

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TheOtherRick

LCCJ-TitleBar.jpg

This will be the story of Lacey County. I'm not going to be doing a lot of history or science here. How the land was formed and who the county elders were are not going to figure much in this CJ. What I really want to do is learn from all of you Mega-Mayors, Terraforming Titans, Journal Giants, and STEX Experts. Do not hesitate to criticize, but please keep the criticism constructive. I will also tell you that the updates won't be coming at a fever pitch. Real life is a constant and has priority. As a matter of fact, this prologue is a bit of a teaser because I have not dragged the first road or plopped the first ploppable. Lacey County is currently in the planning stages. No point in trying to learn if you don't start from the beginning. So let's look at what we have to work with, shall we...

LC-Title.jpg

I clicked "Create a New Region" and terraformed in God Mode from the big flat plain it gave me. Lacey County is a coastal area with a small area of highlands in it's northwest corner. The city boundaries that came with the region gave me the plan to build a tri-city complex as shown below...

LC-Ch1-CityLayout.jpg

Port Richard, Laceyville, and Bennett City will make up the tri-city metropolitan complex. Port Richard will be centered around trade and manufacturing, with a major seaport and plenty of industry. Laceyville will also have a maritime influence by way of commercial fishing, as well as an industrial center. Bennett City will be leaning more toward a commercial center and high tech industry. That leaves a lot of land left to use...

LC-Ch1-DevelopmentPlanning.jpg

The green shaded areas are slated to be upscale waterfront bedroom communities for the 3 major cities. Suburban and commercial zones as well as high education and some recreational areas. The blue shaded areas will be tourism and fishing based communities. The rest of the map will be rural, devoted to farming and perhaps some mining in the northwest highlands. Before I even lay the first brick or plow the first field, I will be placing the basic countywide transportation network...

LC-Ch1-TransportPlanning.jpg

The red lines indicate where the major transit routes will be upon completion. Obviously, the network won't be this complex at first. This is just to give me a guide.

I won't be showing a countywide map again until all of the starting pieces are in place. The plan is to get every city in the county started and at the same stage of development prior to actually starting the county journal. The era will be 1930's-ish, so the initial road network will bestarting with simple blacktop roads for main arteries. I will give updates as that portion progresses, if for no other reason than to keep this going and tease you all with pics right up to the point of the county being ready.

Please don't hold back the flow of any ideas, critiques, or compliments. This is going to be quite an endeavor and this CJ could go on, and on, and on...

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

4 Comments

Thanks Issac. I actually am using a water mod. PEGs Windjammer water mod to be exact. The pics were photoshoped, as I'm sure you could tell, so perhaps the water doesn't appear to be in the region view. You will notice the mod in future updates. As a matter of fact, let me give credit to all the mods that will be in use regardless of which city I am working on.

- The NAM (Including SAM and RHW)
 - BRF Tunnel and Slope Mod
 - PEG Rock Mod 2
 - PEG Windjammer Water Texture Mod
 - Several versions of Jeroni's Walls

When I have a little more time, I will turn the list into links and make adjustments for proper credit.

Share this comment