• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Update 10: Aquonijor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jamonbread

aquonijorlogo.png
Aquonjor, meaning "city in the water" in the ancient language of celwynian is one of the oldest settlements in the district. It was established as and has remained for the most part a fishing village and hub for the surrounding farming communities. Although Its castle was battered by pirates in the 1600's and the stone moved to the capitol or the surrounding stone buildings of that time period, the main gate still remains and is the largest tourist attraction in the now small town. Only a small watch tower was ercted where the castle once stood. After the collapse of the castle and subsesquent ransacking, the town darstically reduced in size and the population is now locked at 5000 after the district government declared the peninsula a protected heritage site. Since then, all the old wooden houses that survived have been rebuilt, a new church has been constructed in 1891 and small editions to the town have been made along the main street along the water. The last edition to the town was the Aquonijor Hotel in 1966 and the wind turbines powering the whole peninsula built in 1997. Today agriculture is still the major employer, and all aquonjor produce is known for its quality around the district. However there is still a decent sized fishing industry and tourism industry, which can no longer expand due to development restrictions. It is also the most important ferry hub in the capitol, servicing almost every town in the bay islands. Peninsula road runs through town connecting it with Scully, Hailington, and to the mainland (Armendka). Here is modern Aquonijor.

aquablue2.jpg&sa=X&ei=1ntQTJanO5e7nAfZ8b
OVERVEIW
aquadirectory.png

aqua1m.png
aqua2.png
aqua3.png

THE VILLAGE
aqua4.png

aqua6.png

THE MILLS
aqua12.png

aqua7.png

THE COVE
aqua11.png

FARMLAND
aqua9.png
aqua10.png

aqua5.png

aqua8.png

THANKS FOR VISITING THE EMPIRE!

---REPLIES---

IrvingTwoSmokes- Well I’m glad you liked it, the posterization hid some of the imperfectios I didn’t really like. Thanks so much for the rating!
Monay- Thanks a lot for your support!
Tigera- I don’t usually posterize, but it made it easier to photo manipulate and hid some imperfections. Don’t worry future updates are all going to be back to normal.
Daan300- Of course old friend. http://www.simtropolis.com/stex/details.cfm?id=11130 Least I can do for directing me to those awesome rocks! Glad you liked my older stuff, hope you liked my new stuff today as well. Thanks for your continued support.
TekindusT- Read tigera’s response as well but thanks very much for your kind words. The farm limits were more unique with this city because I was trying to simulate a more slow growing city that hadn’t totally been taken over by suburbia yet. Thanks again.
Gogojcia- Welcome to the Empire and thank you! Um the rock mod is Pegasus, found on the stex here on simtropolis and believe it or not I’m just using the original maxis terrain. Any effects on the ground you see come from ploppables, I can’t give you the link because there are tons of sets collected over a long time but they can all be found on simtropolis. Sorry I can’t be much help.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

9 Comments

The peninsula looks really great! Very nice mixture of the town and the surrounding farms. I see you didn't forget even the smallest details, such as the sheep. Thanks for the link!

Share this comment

The peninsula is very nice. Its a unique touch. The farms are also nice. The town seems a bit high for the towns around it, however. Yet I do like the use of PEGs lots also.

Share this comment

Wow....i don't know what to say - its stunning.  I just don't have the heart to create masterpieces like these. Excellent work 

Share this comment

I really like your variety of trees between the farms, it looks very realistic! Nice work! 

Share this comment

I really like the mix of MM ploppable trees you've been using using throughout your MD. Would you care telling us what / whose they are please?

Thank you!

TiFlo

Share this comment